my new ibanez iceman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new ibanez iceman

well, not really new...it's a 1993-94 IC300. bolt-on, AANJ, fully bound...i played an IC400 but preferred the bolt-on. i got it today and it received INSTANT upgrades. i installed gold sperzel locking tuners, a gibson nashville bridge with graphite saddles, a gibson fine tuning tail piece, gibson les paul amber knobs, a new 3 way toggle...THEN i installed a duncan custom bridge pick up and a duncan '59 neck pick up.

this thing ROCKS!!!! it is a little neck heavy, but it plays like butter. it is my first 24 3/4" scale guitar, and i have to say i like it. my band has a gig on july 5. i was gonna play my PRS that night, but i think i am gonna use this iceman instead. it looks VERY rock.

i paid $200 for it with the OHSC. i spent at least that on the upgrades. i had a lot of the parts in my parts box, but not the pickups, the switch or the knobs.

i dig it. here are the pictures.

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

oh, in the first picture that grayish disk is from the flash. i still need to give it a good cleaning to. it is a bit smeared and dusty.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Icemans rule. Nice score Mark!
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Nice upgrade choices. Did you like the tone or feel of the bolt-on better? or both

Comment

thanks guys.

i liked the feel better. the tone wasn't too different, maybe a littel thicker with the set neck version, but the bolt on neck isn't painted and i really dislike painted necks. plus the bolt on only has 2 knobs. the set neck has 4 knobs. i liked the look of 2 knobs better.
          GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Thats super cool Mark...great score..i was thinking you paid around $650
            for it? It looks great!

Comment

cool. you'll like that Duncan Custom too.

I just put one in my 335.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Nice score Mark! Icemans are cool, but I had to change the pups also in my PS10-2. JB/jazz combo really made it come to life............

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Very nice Ice, Mark. And the price is great. I've always dug Icemans, but never had a chance to own one. I hope this doesn't spur a bout of G.A.S.!
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

I love the icemans. They look flashy and still tasteful at the same time. Have you considered gold pick up rings? I think those would finish it off quite a bit.

How is high fret access? The body joint seems high on the top at the 17th fret. I guess it's no worse than a Les Paul or Singlecut though. I kind of dig the reverse one Paul Gilbert uses.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

KISS army in tha house...
                      '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                      '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                      custom made Les Paul
                      VOX Tonelab LE
                      Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                      ADA MP1
                      BBE 422A
                      Lexicon MPX-G2
                      ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                      Support Your Local 81

Comment

That kicks ass!!! Where did you get the Nashville bridge with graphite saddles? I'm thinking of putting one of those on my Hamer. And BTW, that looks like a Schaller fine-tuning tailpiece and not a Gibson TP6.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
                          KISS army in tha house...
                          Haha! I would imagine there's a few peeps in JCF that were soldiers; myself being one of them.

I'm into non traditional electrics and the Iceman definitely is in that category. Never played one, but I always admired the way they look.
                          G.

Comment

Wow, $200 w/HSC is a steal! Looks great with the upgrades!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              That kicks ass!!! Where did you get the Nashville bridge with graphite saddles? I'm thinking of putting one of those on my Hamer. And BTW, that looks like a Schaller fine-tuning tailpiece and not a Gibson TP6.
                              i put the graphite saddles on myself. i was a bit of a pain, but it didn't take too long. maybe half an hour including setting the intonation. maybe the tailpiece is a schaller!! i don't remember..it has been in the parts drawer forever!! hahahaha

i played it at rehearsal tonight. WHOA!!!! it OWNS!!! the sounds were thick and creamy, but i could still get a GREAT clean sound.

the upper fret access is BETTER than on my soloists. i usually don't play way up high on the neck, but i have this one lead where i am up in 19th -22nd fret area. i usually play my holoflake SL-1 on that song and i struggle to play fast in that area. NOT on the iceman. it was effort-less.

i was happy. the band was happy. i have found a new stage guitar!!!
                              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
                              X