S series Online Re-Issue Petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S-man View Post
    For the record...the RG had the same "fragile neck pocket" and "small neck".

Though it had 24 frets.
    I've seen more pocket cracks (mostly finish) in Sabers than RGs. I also always felt like the RGs had slightly more to the neck. Maybe because of the 24 frets and there was a bit more to the neck pocket of the RG.

Comment

Oh one more thing....If you don't like the guitar, don't sign the petition. It's that simple.

This isn't the tell us why it shouldn't be reissued thread....or the I wish it was a different color, different neck, different brand, etc thread. It's the 1989 S540LTD re-issue thread. I thought the original post and title of the petition was pretty clear about that.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
        I've seen more pocket cracks (mostly finish) in Sabers than RGs. I also always felt like the RGs had slightly more to the neck. Maybe because of the 24 frets and there was a bit more to the neck pocket of the RG.
        Yeah...like Vai's guitar. Have you ever seen that crack? Holy crack!!!
        sigpic

Comment

i don't like the body style of those ibanezes at all

Comment

Now this has just reminded me of a guitar that my local dealer had in waaay back.
            It was a Sabre in black, but it had a weird pickup arrangement - either one triple coil "motherbucker", or two regular humbuckers in the bridge and mid positions. I can't remember for sure which it was. (It's an age thing....) We never saw another like it, nor was it in any of the catalogues.

Comment

i had a metallic green body, with a maple neck/maple board, oval inlays with a custom made inlay on the 22nd fret.

it was an excellent player, but the thin body and the trem made it lack any real tone or sustain.

plus the pickups were kinda weak, very microphonic....

other than that, the guitar played awesome, very comfortable stage guitars and stayed in tune well.

Comment

The thin necks are perfect for us smaller handed/fingers players. USA Fusion, RG550, and RG770 feel very comfortable to me as did the Gambale.

But if you have monster fingers like Gilbert or Buckethead, it won't work.
                07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

Originally posted by finstah View Post
                  The thin necks are perfect for us smaller handed/fingers players. USA Fusion, RG550, and RG770 feel very comfortable to me as did the Gambale.

But if you have monster fingers like Gilbert or Buckethead, it won't work.
                  Funny that you mention Paul Gilbert because his Signature model carries (I don't know if it still does though) the thin Wizard neck profile. And his current main squeeze is a late eighties RG series guitar with the flat sleek wizard neck.

I guess I was spoiled with using Fenders for as long as I did and continue to do. I need that fat round profile in order to play at my best.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                    Now this has just reminded me of a guitar that my local dealer had in waaay back.
                    It was a Sabre in black, but it had a weird pickup arrangement - either one triple coil "motherbucker", or two regular humbuckers in the bridge and mid positions. I can't remember for sure which it was. (It's an age thing....) We never saw another like it, nor was it in any of the catalogues.
                    that was an original 540p (power)...came with either 1 hum 2 sc or a triple humbucker...d.m.

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

And look what can be found in Amsterdam shop "the Plug"

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart View Post
                        that was an original 540p (power)...came with either 1 hum 2 sc or a triple humbucker...d.m.

Nice guitar!
                        The one in my buddy's store was definitely a Sabre, however.
                        He had a few Sabres and the "pre-Satch" Radiuses, but I don't recall him having any of the Powers. Bummer really, 'cos those were my favourites. There were a couple of Power II Skolnick models around here, though...

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                          Funny that you mention Paul Gilbert because his Signature model carries (I don't know if it still does though) the thin Wizard neck profile. And his current main squeeze is a late eighties RG series guitar with the flat sleek wizard neck.

I guess I was spoiled with using Fenders for as long as I did and continue to do. I need that fat round profile in order to play at my best.

I guess I should clarify about it not working with long fingers. Obviously Paul can and still does play the Wizard necks.

It surprises me though that it doesn't make his hand cramp up or anything.
                          07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart View Post

This is a Sabre? Looks more like a JS of some sort

Comment

I wish Ibanez would bring back the SZ series and dump that SZR abomination they tried foisting upon the world recently.

The SZRs are butt-ugly, the balance stinks, and they sound terrible. I haven't found one yet that was any good.

Comment

Bump

Hello!!!

We need more people to sign the petition.

No love for the "golden years" S series?

I have mine...I'm doing this for the other guitarist.

Don't let them down.....

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/89s540ltdPetition/
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X