No announcement yet.

Shining up my ol' strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toothbrush and some oil. I'm a sweaty bastard as well, but that slows the rust process down for my trems and metalwork.
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
      Toothbrush and some oil. I'm a sweaty bastard as well, but that slows the rust process down for my trems and metalwork.
      What kind of oil do you use, gun oil?

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
        I used 250kOhm pots and a a 0.022uF cap. I justed looked up the pots i used, and looks like I got linear pots, but that was certainly not my intention.

Have a look at

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/

where you can find parts lists, wiring diagrams for various configurations.
        Thanks mate! I had already ordered one linear pot and two audio, all 250K. I have a 0.47 cap which came with my Blackouts, so I'll use that.

And the cheapo strat copy I'm doing also has horribly rusted scratchplate screws.
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
          What kind of oil do you use, gun oil?
          3 in 1.

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
            Thanks mate! I had already ordered one linear pot and two audio, all 250K. I have a 0.47 cap which came with my Blackouts, so I'll use that.

And the cheapo strat copy I'm doing also has horribly rusted scratchplate screws.
            No problem. The 22nF is standard for Strats, I think, but you are probably right to use the one that came with your pups.

Comment

3 in 1.
              Okay, thanks for the advice. I'll try it out

Comment

I hate pearloid pickguards but it really works well on that guitar with the black pickups and knobs.....Nice job!!!
                Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                  I hate pearloid pickguards but it really works well on that guitar with the black pickups and knobs.....Nice job!!!
                  Yeah, I know what you mean. I used to think that pearl pickguards were for 'fancy boys' like Jerry Seinfeld when he was wearing a purse and 'man fur'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Reverse_Peephole

Comment

Nice looking Strat. I've always felt Strats and perloid pickguards really go together.

3-1 oil does work well. So does WD-40. That's what I use. Spray it on a toothbrush and off goes the rust/grime.

Nice Strat man!
                    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                      Nice looking Strat. I've always felt Strats and perloid pickguards really go together.

3-1 oil does work well. So does WD-40. That's what I use. Spray it on a toothbrush and off goes the rust/grime.

Nice Strat man!
                      Thanks!

Comment

Very cool. Nothing like a Fender Strat!

Comment

Originally posted by Metaled1020 View Post
                          Very cool. Nothing like a Fender Strat!
                          Nothing like it a strat apart from the shape of the body, the headstock, the Fender decal on the headstock, 3 pickups, the control layout and the jack plug. Otherwise you'd never be able to tell!

Comment

Nothing like it a strat apart from the shape of the body, the headstock, the Fender decal on the headstock, 3 pickups, the control layout and the jack plug. Otherwise you'd never be able to tell!
                            I meant nothing like having a REAL Fender Strat imo,not one of the million copies out there!

Comment

Working...
                            X