Question on Warmoth Jackson headstock shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slash View Post
    Rick, you are going to have to help me out. I don't see anywhere on the Warmoth site that they offer a 2-1/4" wide heel. Where is it?

I typically do Strat heads and Tele necks but I do offer a 2-1/4" wide heel. I do some custom work on head shapes. Currently I'm doing this one for a customer.
    You have to specify it in the order form in the "Additional Information/Instructions" section.
    I had a question about the heel last year, so I called the sales number and they told me to specify it there. They would get back to me on the additional charge once the order was submitted.
    I was told this could not be ordered on Strat or Tele necks as those are sold under license as replacement parts only.

Sully, one of the necks that I thought was a Warmoth is actually a Mighty Mite. It's on a friend of mines guitar. I called and asked him where he got it.
    He couldn't remember, so he pulled it and sure enough it had the Mighty Mite logo on the heel.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
      Check e-bay. There were a few Jackson necks on there today. At least one was a USA.
      Believe me, I check the 'bay multiple times a day but I'm not finding what I would like which is a neck with:
      - 22 jumbo (Dunlop 6100) frets
      - maple fretboard
      - reverse headstock
      - 16" radius or 12"-16" compound radius
      - cut for a top mount Floyd nut

I'm also looking at whole guitars too but no luck there either. I'm looking for:
      - Strat or Dinky body
      - Recessed OFR
      - 1 vol or 1 vol+tone (I would rewire to be 2 volumes)
      - 3 way toggle
      - 2 hums or 1 hum+1 sc.
      Last edited by Matt_B; 05-13-2008, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Matt_B, I see you're in Champaign. I grew up in Tuscola, just 20 miles south of there and lived in Champaign/Urbana for about 8 years after high school. Small world.

If you're willing to go with the Strat headstock that would open you up to a whole lot more possibilities from different neck manufacturers.

But in the end, I say hold out for what you really want. You'll be more satisfied in the long run and won't feel like you settled.

Comment

Originally posted by 1trussell View Post
          Matt_B, I see you're in Champaign. I grew up in Tuscola, just 20 miles south of there and lived in Champaign/Urbana for about 8 years after high school. Small world.
          The world seems to get smaller every day. We go to the outlet mall in Tuscola.

If you're willing to go with the Strat headstock that would open you up to a whole lot more possibilities from different neck manufacturers.
          Agreed. If I go with a Strat headstock, I can pretty much get what I want in a neck profile and neck finish (oiled like Charvels and Jacksons). I have been considering a fully scalloped neck which would work with a Strat headstock because I could go with a maple headstock (as opposed to a matching headstock). If I decide later on that a scalloped neck isn't for me, I can easily just get another neck to swap out without being concerned about getting the headstock repainted and the colors matching.

But in the end, I say hold out for what you really want. You'll be more satisfied in the long run and won't feel like you settled.
          I hear ya. I'm in no hurry. It's unlikely I find exactly what I want used finish-wise. I could get everything exactly the way I want it from Jackson but I'm not at the point where I can stomach the price or wait for a real Jackson. However, ignoring price, if I just designed what I wanted and ordered it, I wouldn't be spending 3-6 months trying to find what I want. That makes the wait for a Jackson not so bad. I had considered getting a quote but I didn't want to waste a dealer's time.

Comment

Working...
          X