Replacement Roswell Rhoads body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slash View Post
    Firebird may be coming soon and even sooner if there is enough interest.
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Firebird eh? Hmm, maybe one that can fit this model 2 neck?

I'll get the info on the roswel today plus take some pictures, it's an odd bird... I've never seen a guitar with the fretboard so far away from the body... well you'll see in the photos. I may be a little slow with mothers day, happening, but i'l get them
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
        EAKINJ,
        If mojo bodies can't do it, I would take a shot at doing it. You can check out some of my work at www.dobermanguitars.com. If you don't have "super crazy only Mike Learn can do it paint" I could also finish it for you - simple masked features. Otherwise you need to go to a real artist!!!
        Holy crap! I might have to contact you soon about one of those V's! Nice stuff!
        -Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
          EAKINJ,
          If mojo bodies can't do it, I would take a shot at doing it. You can check out some of my work at www.dobermanguitars.com. If you don't have "super crazy only Mike Learn can do it paint" I could also finish it for you - simple masked features. Otherwise you need to go to a real artist!!!
          welcome to the board; you may want to check with an admin before posting replies like the above. since the board has sponsors, you're basically advertising for free, which is not allowed.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

lemme know when you need it, sir.
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
              welcome to the board; you may want to check with an admin before posting replies like the above. since the board has sponsors, you're basically advertising for free, which is not allowed.

sully
              Understand. Who do I need to contact?

Thanks,
              Just contacted the administrators to find out what I must do.
              Last edited by ulijdavid; 05-11-2008, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I'll get it measured tonight and take photos. weekend was busy with all the Mothers Day stuff going on and being on call at work.

Comment

The body is 11 inches wide and looks to be 22 inches long.

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                    being on call at work.
                    You in the same line of work as I am?
                    The Guitars:
                    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                    The Amps:
                    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
                      You in the same line of work as I am?

I work in the I.T. dept at a hospital in Merced Ca.

Comment

Count me in on the Firebird if you begin production. I have a neck that I am dying to bolt up.
                        "... and is there anyone out there who can sing music beyond either the Dead/Phish/jam band of the week

or

obscure B-side GreatWhiteLionSnake demos recorded in the basement of some guy who was the girlfriend's second cousin's in-law's best man?

I swear to God, if we audition another American Idol wannabee or have another no show, I'll turn postal. I'm a donkey on the frickin' edge."

Comment

uh oh...denny, looks like i'll be making a trip back to see you soon.
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Interest here as well, brudda!
                            750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                            Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                              sadly, no. jimmylee from blackhorse guitars has all of my tracings/templates, and he dropped off the face of the earth. pisses me off, but there's not a ton i can do about it if the guy doesn't answer the phone or emails. of course, he was all kindsa chatty when he needed a star body template and someone to help sell a charvel a friend of his had. ugh.
                              ...and I thank you for that, sir!

Finally bought an humbucker-spaced vintage brass trem from Mike Charvel last week to finish that Star off, will have pics up soon...which in my world means 6-12 months... :ROTF:
                              Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Eakinj,
                                Those dimensions will work with no problems. Shoot me an email when you are ready to get started.

It seems as though there are interests in both the Firebird and Roswell. If you want me to start making them shoot a PM and let me know which one you are interested in. It's difficult for me to tell in some of the post to figure out which body you are interested in.

Comment

Working...
                                X