Replacement Roswell Rhoads body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Roswell Rhoads body

I've got one of the wood Roswell Rhoads Pro's, and I was curious if there's anyone in the US who would be willing and able to replicate it in a better heavier wood? I don't think Mojobodies will because it's more then 18 inches. Anyone have another suggestion?

I really like the look of the guitar, but it's so body lite and neck heavy that it's just not enjoyable to play. There would be a couple other changes (jack placement on the upper wing instead of the lower one, etc)

anyway, if anyone has some suggestions let me know. Hell if they are in California I'll drive the existing body to them to work off of.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

It doesn't look like it is that wide. How wide does it actually measure?

Comment

they're really narrow, denny, but the long fin is most likely longer than 18".

agreed on the neck heavy issue; i had one that i really liked, but man did it ever nose dive.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Length isn't that much of an issue. Give me some general dimensions of it and I will let you know what I can do. For something heavier Mahogany, Maple or Hard Ash should do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
          Length isn't that much of an issue. Give me some general dimensions of it and I will let you know what I can do. For something heavier Mahogany, Maple or Hard Ash should do the trick.
          Hell, I'll send you the body I'll measure it out this weekend, or like I said, I can mail the thing to you. I have "posed" with it a few times, and maybe played it ... uhm.. three maybe four times for real. So shipping it off wouldn't be a big issue for me at all.

I don't know if it would work, but it would be nice if it were as thick as a Rhoads. But I'll wait until you have something to work from.

Comment

*Ponders* Double Rosewell Rhoads

*which also reminds me I need to order the strat body for the model 2*

the week is looking up!

*Edit* Scratch the double roswell, then it becomes a flying U. and that just isn't right
            Last edited by eakinj; 05-10-2008, 01:45 AM.

Comment

haha, Double Roswell Rhoads would look like playing a giant tuning fork!

My buddy has one of those Roswells and although of course it does nose dive, it wasn't that much of an issue for me. I could balance it out by putting my right arm on the body (which I always do).

However the idea of a mahogany Roswell body... yummy!
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Let me know how this turns out I love my Roswell but it's super light , & since I got a KBRR Mahogany is King now for wood tones.
                According To The Prophecy

Comment

slash, if you can do the roswell rhoads body, can you pm me a ballpark price? thanks!
                  btw, do you do reverse firebird bodies?

Comment

hey sully, do you still have the traces I sent you?
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                      agreed on the neck heavy issue; i had one that i really liked, but man did it ever nose dive.

sully
                      Still does...
                      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                        haha, Double Roswell Rhoads would look like playing a giant tuning fork!

My buddy has one of those Roswells and although of course it does nose dive, it wasn't that much of an issue for me. I could balance it out by putting my right arm on the body (which I always do).

However the idea of a mahogany Roswell body... yummy!
                        Laugh, I was thinking it looked like some sort of shrimp coctail fork

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                          hey sully, do you still have the traces I sent you?
                          sadly, no. jimmylee from blackhorse guitars has all of my tracings/templates, and he dropped off the face of the earth. pisses me off, but there's not a ton i can do about it if the guy doesn't answer the phone or emails. of course, he was all kindsa chatty when he needed a star body template and someone to help sell a charvel a friend of his had. ugh.

Originally posted by nor View Post
                          Still does...
                          i hope it's still serving you well, sir!

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

EAKINJ,
                            If mojo bodies can't do it, I would take a shot at doing it. You can check out some of my work at www.dobermanguitars.com. If you don't have "super crazy only Mike Learn can do it paint" I could also finish it for you - simple masked features. Otherwise you need to go to a real artist!!!

Comment

Firebird may be coming soon and even sooner if there is enough interest.

Comment

Working...
                              X