My home built guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My home built guitar

Not sure if anyone here is into building, but I would like to share my project, 100% made from scratch in my garage.
    It's about 95% complete, I need to have the frets levelled and crowned (which I will take it to a real luthier for since I don't have the proper tools)
    And install the hardware and electronics (still need to select some pickups for it too...)
    Ignore the mess, it was a busy weekend. That is the truss rod cover there to the left.

WOW! That is beautiful man! Well Done!

Comment

Very nice... love the top.
      -Rick

Comment

nice man looks very deanish...
        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Nice. Kinda looks like a Dean.
          Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Looks gorgeous!

Comment

Oooh that's nice.
              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I guess it does look a little Deanish, doesn't it? I wasn't really going for that, I was actually thinking somewhere between a PRS and a David Mcnaught guitar. I copied the construction somewhat from a Mcnaught.

Thanks for the compliments!

Comment

Wow... that's really nice.
                  Really diggin' the inlays... neato!
                  Excellent work!!!
                  A+
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

That's very cool. Can't be the easiest of guitars to build either, what with the archtop, inlays and all. How many have you built?

Comment

Originally posted by ZZB View Post
                      That's very cool. Can't be the easiest of guitars to build either, what with the archtop, inlays and all. How many have you built?
                      Two including this one. The first was more like a prototype for this one, so this is the first serious one. I did alot of research first and I've got some good books.

Thanks

Comment

Wow, that is such a nice guitar!
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Excellent! Nice job! Is that a neck through I see. It's hard to see the wood lines in the neck from the picture.
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

That is beautiful, very very nice work. I have built 3 bodies but nothing as intricate as that. Impressive.
                            If only I had back the money I gave that TV preacher....

Comment

Impressive! Absolutely gorgeous. Let us know how it plays and sounds.
                              The Guitars:
                              Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                              The Amps:
                              Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Working...
                              X