Warmoth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shobet View Post
    If you're putting a Floyd on it, it would not really matter if the headstock was angled or not as I'm assuming you're putting a locking nut on it.
    I'd still put a string tree on if the head stock was straight, since this would hold the strings into the base of the nut before the nut was locked. That is the setup on my JS1000.
    The Guitars:
    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
    The Amps:
    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Warmoth bodies and necks are killer. Very high-quality and they fit together like a glove.
      GM,
      www.aftershok.com

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
        I'd still put a string tree on if the head stock was straight, since this would hold the strings into the base of the nut before the nut was locked. That is the setup on my JS1000.
        That's what the Floyd string retainer bar does. There's never a need for string trees or a pitched headstock when using a Floyd. Even with the pitched headstock, you should still use the string retainer so all of the strings come off of the locking nut at the same correct angle (parallel to the bottom edge of the locking nut).

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
          That's what the Floyd string retainer bar does. There's never a need for string trees or a pitched headstock when using a Floyd. Even with the pitched headstock, you should still use the string retainer so all of the strings come off of the locking nut at the same correct angle (parallel to the bottom edge of the locking nut).
          Interesting. I had just put it back in the packaging. I wonder why my SL2H doesn't have one?

Regardless, since I'm doing gold hardware on this thing, the retainer might just be more eye candy.

I got the body and parts yesterday. The neck is still a couple of months out. Here's a pic of the body:

And here's an idea of what it will look like:

The Guitars:
          Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
          The Amps:
          Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Originally posted by Mat View Post
            or you could do it for free here on jcf and just take a screenshot:
            http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/c...CustomShop.htm
            How do you take a screenshot?
            The Guitars:
            The Amps:

Comment

Working...
            X