Warmoth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth?

Someone on here mentioned good stuff about Warmoth products. Their stuff looks pretty slick. Soooo, I just dropped some change and ordered a body, neck and some hardware. One thing I am missing in my collection is a true Strat-like guitar. So, I'm doing the Strat thang with a few little tweaks.

This will have an original Floyd Rose. Also, the headstock will be angled so there will be no need for a string tree. Finally, I'm going with the "rails" series of pickups from SD. Hot rails in the bridge, vintage rails in the middle, and the cool rails in the neck. I already had the hot rails in my stash of old pickups. Listened to the vintage and cool on the SD site and was sold. RS pots, caps, switch and wire will round out the circuitry.

The body is alder with a wild maple top veneer, and a cherry black sunburst. I went with a maple neck and maple fingerboard, as none of my other guits have a maple fingerboard. I opted for abalone dots. Finally, all the hardware is gold, and I went for gold frets, too.

Pics will come once this bad boy gets put together.
    The Guitars:
    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
    The Amps:
    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Very cool! I have a Mahogany Soloist body with a single humbucker. I just ordered my neck, a reverse angled strat head with jet black ebony. I still need to order the OFR and tuners, but I did pick up a Dimebucker to throw into it. Warmoth is really cool to work with, just wish they didn't have limitations one what they can produce (like a real 24 fret fender neck..)
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

u shud make it on the custom guitar generator and show us!
      http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/custom-guitar-generator.htm

Comment

I have a Warmoth neck on my Tele and it kicks all kinds of ass.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Here's a pic of my Warmoth Strat.

One piece Koa Body
          One piece koa neck
          Ebony fretboard w/jumbo frets
          Abalone dot inlays
          SD Jazz Humbucker
          SD JB Humbucker
          Sperzel Locking Tuners

** I own several custom shop guitars from various manufacturers and I'll put this puppy up against any one of them. On top of that, even with the expensive one piece koa body, it's still a whole lot less investment than my other custom guitars.
          "POOP"

Comment

Sweet Koa Strat!
            The Guitars:
            Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
            The Amps:
            Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post

That is sweet! I've never been much of a fan of the larger strat headstocks, but I actually really dig it on that guitar! That is very nice! Makes me far less nervous about all the money i'm throwing at the warmoth i'm putting together
                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                  That is sweet! I've never been much of a fan of the larger strat headstocks, but I actually really dig it on that guitar! That is very nice! Makes me far less nervous about all the money i'm throwing at the warmoth i'm putting together
                  I honestly don't think you'll regret it. My guitar tech hates Strats. He is a diehard Gibson player. He stated to me that my Warmoth is the only Strat he would even consider playing. He loves it! When I get a little free time, I'm gonna have a Tele made to match it.
                  "POOP"

Comment

very nice, the body is incredible as well.

Comment

Originally posted by alfredpotter View Post
                      u shud make it on the custom guitar generator and show us!
                      http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/cust...-generator.htm
                      Cool toy! I just ordered the software. I'll post a mock-up when I get the software.
                      The Guitars:
                      The Amps:

Comment

Just got an e-mail from UPS:

"This message was sent to you at the request of Warmoth Guitar Products, Inc. to notify you that the package information below has been transmitted to UPS. The package(s) may not have actually been placed with UPS for shipment. To verify when and if the shipment is tendered to UPS and its actual transit status, click on the tracking link below or contact Warmoth Guitar Products, Inc. directly."

Date of delivery: 5/7/08!

This is everything except the neck. The neck is being custom made and finished and is 8 to 10 weeks out.

I have next weekend off so I should be able to put the body and parts together, then wait impatiently for the neck to arrive.

Pics to follow in about a week!
                        The Guitars:
                        The Amps:

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
                          Cool toy! I just ordered the software. I'll post a mock-up when I get the software.
                          or you could do it for free here on jcf and just take a screenshot:
                          http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/c...CustomShop.htm

Comment

SG,
                            That strat is stunning.
                            I be hip-no-ties'd
                            "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                            --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
                              Someone on here mentioned good stuff about Warmoth products. Their stuff looks pretty slick. Soooo, I just dropped some change and ordered a body, neck and some hardware. One thing I am missing in my collection is a true Strat-like guitar. So, I'm doing the Strat thang with a few little tweaks.

This will have an original Floyd Rose. Also, the headstock will be angled so there will be no need for a string tree. Finally, I'm going with the "rails" series of pickups from SD. Hot rails in the bridge, vintage rails in the middle, and the cool rails in the neck. I already had the hot rails in my stash of old pickups. Listened to the vintage and cool on the SD site and was sold. RS pots, caps, switch and wire will round out the circuitry.

The body is alder with a wild maple top veneer, and a cherry black sunburst. I went with a maple neck and maple fingerboard, as none of my other guits have a maple fingerboard. I opted for abalone dots. Finally, all the hardware is gold, and I went for gold frets, too.

Pics will come once this bad boy gets put together.
                              If you're putting a Floyd on it, it would not really matter if the headstock was angled or not as I'm assuming you're putting a locking nut on it.
                              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X