Dunlop Jumbo Frets
    MOP Block Inlays
    14" Fretboard Radius
    AAAA Flamed Maple Headstock Overlay
    Engraved Truss Rod Cover
    Maple Neck and Mahogany Body
    Crimson Red on Flamed Maple Top

Comment

I just realized oyu cant get coil pslitting with that pickup. Oh well. Heres a mockup I made

Comment

Look into stainless steel frets if you're getting a Carvin. Some people (myself included) really like them and guitars with them are hard to come by.

Comment

And the search is over with my Ibanez S540 Custom. Pictures to come...

Comment

Whatever makes you happy.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              And the search is over with my Ibanez
              and here I thought you said you wanted a high-end guitar.....?
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                and here I thought you said you wanted a high-end guitar.....?
                Neck plate reads Bensalem PA. From what I understand, the parts were made in Japan and then assembled there. I haven't seen too many of these around the net, so they must be fairly rare. IBZUSA F2 in the Bridge, Ibanez C3 Singlecoils (or are they stacked hums? The catalogs aren't too clear on it) in the middle and neck. Has abalone inlays on it, with a "Custom Made" inlay at the 21s fret (it does have 22 frets though). It just plays amazing. I couldn't get pictures of it as I was having a hard time due to a broke thumb making it a pain in the ass the hold the camera straight without my hands shaking a bit, making my pictures even crappier then normal. But here they are:

Shot of the body

Shot of the inlays

My crappy ass pictures don't do it justice. The color is this sweet burgundy/plum color with really nice looking hardware. More, nicer pictures to come...

Comment

Too bad you already pulled the trigger...I was gonna suggest a Tagima K1 @ $1,725 with case/shipping. To me, it's the sickest superstrat on earth.
                  ------------------------------------------------
                  Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lester View Post
                    Too bad you already pulled the trigger...I was gonna suggest a Tagima K1 @ $1,725 with case/shipping. To me, it's the sickest superstrat on earth.

sorry they look like bad rand copys

Comment

i had one of those ibanez s540 customs.
                      the one i had was emerald green with a maple fretboard.
                      the neck was very fast, but i found the body to be too thin which made the sound very thin.
                      the pickups didn't really help either.
                      btw, those are definately made in japan...nothing usa about it.
                      i think they go on the used market for like $350-$500 range.

Comment

Originally posted by data187 View Post
                        i had one of those ibanez s540 customs.
                        the one i had was emerald green with a maple fretboard.
                        the neck was very fast, but i found the body to be too thin which made the sound very thin.
                        the pickups didn't really help either.
                        btw, those are definately made in japan...nothing usa about it.
                        i think they go on the used market for like $350-$500 range.
                        Hmm, just of interest why is the plate USA then? I know they had a shop in Bensalem. Is it the same type of deal as Charvel/Fort Worth and Kramer/New Jersey plates?

Comment

A previously loved LP Standard is what I'd get if I were you.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

You can't go wrong with any used USA Jackson- not to mention many of the other brands mentioned.

Personally, in addition to the Jackson axes, I would look into Anderson and Suhr- new or used. Killer boutique USA guitars of exceptional quality. But be sure to "try before you buy" if at all possible!
                            GM,
                            www.aftershok.com

Comment

Well right now, I think its over due to the Ibanez. It plays and sounds just completely amazing for me, so I'm focusing efforts on a new amp.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                                sorry they look like bad rand copys
                                Yeah I see the similarities in the cutaways but I'm not too concerned whether it looks like a Rand-derivative or not. I like the styling and the playability and tone are wicked. It's the most I've ever spent on a guitar and it was worth every penny.
                                ------------------------------------------------
                                Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                                X