No announcement yet.

What's the verdict on Warmouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by texasfury; 09-27-2008, 08:00 PM.
    Just a guitar player...

Comment

Sorry, I disagree. The newest Warmoth is a far cry from what they once were. USA Custom Guitars is good, but the hands down best is Musikraft, (Jameson).

Comment

I bought one of their finished strat bodies for a project. Nice job on the finish and on the would quality. I'll see if I can dig up some photos. But, yeah nice work from Warmoth. Cool guys to deal with too.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
          Sorry, I disagree. The newest Warmoth is a far cry from what they once were. USA Custom Guitars is good, but the hands down best is Musikraft, (Jameson).
          I have necks from all three manuf. The wood is the best on Musikraft, birdseye, flame etc. Musikraft fretwork is average. The fretwork on the Warmoth necks is exceptional and consistent. USAC pretty good all around. Musikraft has many options as well as Warmoth.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

If your could only buy from one company for a plain 'ole birdseye maple neck with a plain 'ole set of frets and a plain 'ole nut and a plain 'ole trussrod, who would it be Warmoth, USAC, or Musikraft?

Comment

Thats easy, none of the above, I would take the time to look for a GMW neck, but I am a charvel guy, so what do I know.

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
              And I'll ask again whenever I see this observation thrown around: Where are these "have to sell at low cost because of crappy resale value" Warmoths supposedly being sold? Every Warmoth I've seen so far, the seller wants at least $800. I've yet to see one sold at sacrifice prices.
              You're kidding, right? I see people ASKING crazy money for lots of things on this board, but asking price does not equate to selling price, just check the bumps in the classifed section (unless the JCFers are particuarly cheap, which is possible). A warmoth guitar may be nice, but its still parts and in some cases can be worth more in pieces than as a whole.

If you believe that a Warmoth is truly worth $800, then I happen to have a warmoth parts guitar which I had professionally built: 98% condition, Black with white pickguard (and warmoth heal conture (not like a scallop), 2 Hum (EMGs), black recessed floyd, s-head ebony w/birdseye, and black schaller tuners in a G&G hard case that I would probably sell for $900 plus shipping (and I have alot more than that into it). I didnt think so.
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                OK, so Warmoth is great, but I think he asked about Warmouth!

What about them?
                Still having trouble coming up with a post that has beneficial content, eh? :ROTF:
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
                  If your could only buy from one company for a plain 'ole birdseye maple neck with a plain 'ole set of frets and a plain 'ole nut and a plain 'ole trussrod, who would it be Warmoth, USAC, or Musikraft?
                  Hands down a Warmoth neck IMHO. If you get one with the pre grooved nut already in place you are almost done. Bolt it on, line it up, torque the mounting screws down, string it, tune it, play it awhile, let it settle for about 24 hours and set the intonation and retune. In most cases the truss rod is preset for average string tension. I did not need to adjust the truss rod on 10-46 and a 10-52 strings at A-440 on setup. In a month or two depending on your climate, you may need to make a very small adjustment.
                  I like the "Pro" necks with the side heel truss adjustment myself. I have installed about 15 of these and still have 9 of these necks on guitars. It really makes "tweaking" a joy.
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Musikraft necks are IMO the best for Charvel parts guitars. Warmoth all around can make a wide variety of necks, in a wide variety of woods, and you have to do less with the neck when you get it. Musikraft however is a fair bit cheaper. I have a gorgeous Pau Ferro neck with a Kingwood fingerboard for a Warmoth parts strat and its just incredible. Its probably the best feeling neck I have currently. And I didn't need to do ANYTHING to it aside from a setup once I put the thing together.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      Still having trouble coming up with a post that has beneficial content, eh? :ROTF:
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yeah that side truss rod adjustment on the Warmoth pro necks is kickass.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I have necks from both Warmoth and Musikraft. Both are very good but the fretwork on Warmoth necks is undeniably better. As for the necks themselves, both are excellent and offer a variety of top notch woods if you're willing to spend the extra $$. No way to say one is better than the other.

Comment

Working...
                          X