No announcement yet.

BCR trans orange assassin 7 string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the more I look this guitar over, the more I am thinking there is a dip in the middle of the neck and that is why it was fretting out with low action up near the 15-17th frets.

So I removed the truss rod cover and was going to tighten it slightly and the initial nut on the end is insanely loose. Now I'm no expert on these things but this scares the hell outta me. Could it be that the Truss rod is soo lose thus causing the dip in the middle of the fret board? ( tension from the strings pulling the headstock up slightly)

I hope to god the truss rod isnt actually broken. I tried tightening it alittle but doesnt seem like its catching or getting tighter. You can actually move it by hand currently ( the end nut)

I may have to seek a luthier around the area to take a look at this because I dont feel very comfortable messing around with it and dont wanna make it worse.

Comment

Sounds like it needs an adjustment. I'll bet from the description in the auction the seller had no idea how to set up guitars. In addition, there may have been a passive pick-up in there originally since you've got a 3 way installed. Congrats!

Comment

The guy probably just loosened the truss-rod completely to ship the guitar.
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Damn. Damn! That's awesome!

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
          It went for 215 more than his max. If he had gotten that for 250 that would have been the deal of the year.
          No that would've been the deal of the century.
          -Janne

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
            The guy probably just loosened the truss-rod completely to ship the guitar.
            After getting more time to look at it after work this seems to be the case, now I just gotta slowly adjust it and see if I can get rid of the dip and fix the fretting out.

But boy I'm relieved, I always tend to fear the worst when getting stuff from Ebay. Never had a guitar arrive with the truss rod completely loosened like this.

Comment

Working...
            X