No announcement yet.

Ibanez Jem Question. ID help needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've found the easiest way to sort the fakes out from the real ones is the monkey grip. Look at where the monkey grip ends in relation to the middle pickup.

Fake:

Real:

Comment

And most of the time the pickguard doesn't match the body exactly... and all the little things really are noticeable if you're looking. plus a lot of the fakes have gold knobs, the real JEMs usually have Fender style ones.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect
        Recently a customer of mine brought in a fake white jem from China and it said

"maestro of music" on the trem, It looked very very close to a real Jem, but had Jem 555 traites, and the trem was infact a copy of the TRS LOL, otherwise the guitar was AWFUL

My suggestion Bryan, STAY away from this thing, even at that price, get a nice RG550, or 560 and jemify it and save save save!

Chris
        That describes this guitar to the T.

And that top pic of the white "Jem" is exactly what this one looked like in person. So I guess that was a fake after all.

Thanks so much for all this info. I knew it was too good to be true.

But there was no way I could pass up a real Jem for $450.

Comment

Look around for a real korean made JEM 555 to take care of your inexpensive JEM fix. They're around. Avoid the made in China garbage (that don't even come with a truss rod--they have a cover only).
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Wow.. I guess I got my Jem 555 info ALL WRONG!!!! Thanks for the corrections. IMHO.. the Jemsite forum members hate the 555 because alot of them are snobs. Heck.. alot of them don't even own Jems.

Comment

Chibanez.

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed
                Really... I don't think any Ibanez routes swap out directly for an OFR. Besides, the TRS is one of the lower and less well regarded Ibanez trems.
                I thought the TRS was pretty much the same as the Jackson JT580LP.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                  I thought the TRS was pretty much the same as the Jackson JT580LP.
                  pretty much....at least that is what i thought too!!
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                    Wow.. I guess I got my Jem 555 info ALL WRONG!!!! Thanks for the corrections. IMHO.. the Jemsite forum members hate the 555 because alot of them are snobs. Heck.. alot of them don't even own Jems.
                    That's probably quite right... I haven't been there since I sold my JEM Imo the only guy really worth listening to there is Rich, for the most part. The rest is just JEM worship.

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology
                      Look around for a real korean made JEM 555 to take care of your inexpensive JEM fix. They're around. Avoid the made in China garbage (that don't even come with a truss rod--they have a cover only).
                      LOL no truss rod??????

Comment

Working...
                      X