anyone try the yngwie strats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY
    Whether you're right or wrong, you've flat out stated that the serialization just doesn't add up and in your opinion, it looks as if the guitar has been "faked" with a signature logo and over spray. It's a good goddamned thing I wasn't trying to sell it here at JCF because you've planted a whole lot of doubt with no water to make it grow.

Maybe I own the ultra rare Mammysteeny.
    Holy exaggerated and melodramatic conclusions Batman.

I've searched high and low for Malmsteen models and have seen and played quite a few over the years and I've never seen one that looks like yours. Fender Japan made a lot of Malmsteen-like guitars without things like a brass nut and such. And like most guitar builders out there Fender Japan has done custom one off orders so it's very possible that you have something like that. It could also be that you have a parts mutt - there have been a lot of MIJ Malmsteen necks for sale on Ebay over the years.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

The biggest possibility is that you guys have a tendency to "shoot from the hip" in your grand conclusions of what is legit or not. I've seen it over and over and over. Then when the experts find out that they're wrong, you get the standard "I was unaware that so and so did this." By then, the damage is done.

Melodramatic? This whole forum revolves around melodrama, especially when it comes to Charvels. I'm sorry that you've never seen a Strat like mine. I can pull the fancy smancy pickguard off, stick the stacked humbucker back in, put on the crappy single ply pickguard, then it might be recognizable to you experts. Should I hire a handwriting expert to verify the authenticity of Mammy's signiture?

Did you say you want to buy my "Malmsteen-like" guitar? To the thread starter, I'm sorry that your thread got semi-hijacked. Best of luck searching "high and low" for the Malmsteen model that suits your needs.

Mr G
      "POOP"

Comment

I'm in the same situation. I'm a big yngwie fan and I love strats. I don't have the money for a usa malmsteen strat and I'm very tempted to pick up a arctic white mim strat. But I figuered that I'll always be wanting the real thing, so I decided to wait and save for the malmsteen strat
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Did any of the Malmsteen Signature Strats come with swimming pool route or at least a bridge hum route?

I automatically assumed that they all looked like mine:

Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY
            The biggest possibility is that you guys have a tendency to "shoot from the hip" in your grand conclusions of what is legit or not. I've seen it over and over and over. Then when the experts find out that they're wrong, you get the standard "I was unaware that so and so did this." By then, the damage is done.
            Nobody I've seen has declared or really even implied your guitar is not legit. I certainly didn't. I think the worst thing that has been implied is that your guitar is unique. You are "shooting from the hip" with the grand conclusions of what wasn't actually said.

This is a discussion forum where people come to discuss and LEARN. Toru was asking questions because as you described the guitar it didn't make sense based on what he knew. That is a far cry from declaring your guitar a fake with an oversprayed logo.

All I said is that I've focused on this model in the past and never ran across a model quite like yours but that I had run across a number of one-offs. I also said that it could also be a parts guitar - because it could be - particularly with Fender guitars - it happens all the time.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

"Nobody I've seen has declared or really even implied your guitar is not legit."

You're kidding, right?
              "POOP"

Comment

I guess this is why discussion was removed from the classifieds. But, this isnt the classiffieds. Anyway, I was clicking through the rest of your pictures and just wanted to say you have a nice collection of axes there.

Comment

Thanks.
                  "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff
                    I was clicking through the rest of your pictures and just wanted to say you have a nice collection of axes there.
                    +1
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

The collection NEEDS a 1981 solid white Gibson Flying V with neck binding.
                      "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                      X