anyone try the yngwie strats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone try the yngwie strats?

are they any good, especially considering the price?
    being the yngwie nut that i am, i'm seriously considering picking one up (btw, is it considering picking up or considering to pick up? ) after the marshall is sold, but i don't know, maybe i'd be better off buying a regular mexican strat and have a local luthier scallop the fretboard?

I have a Malmsteen Strat. It's got a great neck and the scalloped fretboard takes a little getting used to. You've got to lighten up your touch or every note you play will be sharp.

My Malmsteen had been slightly modified. The stacked humbucker was replaced with a more conventional side by side Seymour Duncan humbucker. The original pickguard was replace with a fancier tortoise shell guard.

Anyway, they are nice guitars, but different.
    "POOP"

Comment

Chime #2.

I have a Japanese Fender YJM and the frethand vibrato control is un-matched by anything non-scalloped. The combo of a very stiff bridge (my setup) + the scallops makes it ultra responsive. In fact, coming from a full floating trem equipped rubber-band-like Jackson seems pretty difficult for me. The YJM is a very different guitar.

This one has got a bit shallower scallops compared to the USA one and that's good. It's more than plenty. I've put the usual Malmsteen DiMarzio YJM and HS-3 in it and nothing comes closer to his sound than these guitars with these pups.

Shredding is easier on my Jacksons. Chord playing is easier and better sounding on my Jacksons. Picking the Fender hard (chords) and it 'overshoots' the note. Simply put, the YJM is an overly sensitive piece of solo-machinery.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

This is a very solid guitar IMHO. I owned one and it wasn't really my thing. The build quality was great on it. The Scalloping is spec so you know it is solid. If you are strictly going after the Yngwie thing and you can afford it get the model it is going to be way better than a Mex strat.
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

mh...sounds cool, thanks for the input.

If you are strictly going after the Yngwie thing and you can afford it get the model it is going to be way better than a Mex strat.
          that's the thing right there 1599 euro is a LOT....more than i have ever paid for any piece of gear i own/owned, and you might remember my amp whoreage

Comment

I have one and love it.
            USA Model and it has great neck and feel.
            Have been thinking to move it since I don't play it often and still need to pay the bills.
            Want it?

Comment

well, i guess oversea shipping would be quite expensive, though...

Comment

Hey dinky,

Unless I'm going blind, your YJM doesn't have the bullet truss rod. What's up with that?
                "POOP"

Comment

Bullet truss rod is only available on Fender Japan Yngwie.
                  USA Fender Yngwie has a truss rod hole there.

Comment

I have an American one in Vintage White and I love it. It's different. The only problem is I haven't been able to shred like YJM. I thought it was automatic when one purchase's the Signature guitar

If you like oiled necks, you may or may not like the finish on the neck. It is true 70's and a very thick clear gloss finish. I had no trouble adapting to it though. The pickups are very quiet. No noise problems. The neck radius is the vintage 7-1/4", so that's something else to consider.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman
                      Bullet truss rod is only available on Fender Japan Yngwie.
                      USA Fender Yngwie has a truss rod hole there.
                      Yea, +1 and a 4 bolt neck attachment.
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

toru - that looks like my old yngwie. fantastic guitar. man, i'm tempted. how much?
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

PM on the way Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman
                            PM on the way Tim.
                            crap. you would have to make it even more tempting. let me see how the finances settle down here in the next few days.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

How about a free set of 10 guitar straps and 5 sets (total of 10 locks)of Schaller locks(Locks only,no Strap pins included).

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X