My new Carvin arrives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danastas
    The bridge, to my surprise, already had a groove beneath it. I'll have to ask Carvin if this is stock or did they do this because my neck was set so straight.
    This is normal, I think they do it for all of the fixed bridges.

Comment

Originally posted by DenimBrigade
      This is normal, I think they do it for all of the fixed bridges.
      Yes, they started doing that within the past couple years. A lot of people were complaining they couldn't get their action as low as they wanted, so they did a little routing. My '02 SC90 has the old-school style, but I'm still not bottomed out yet, so I guess I got lucky.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That really isa sweet looking guitar dude. I really dig they color and the oiled neck. Glad you got it more playable as well.

Can someone explain to me why thoise pickups have SO many pole pieces? What is the purpose of that?

chuck
        "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo
          Can someone explain to me why thoise pickups have SO many pole pieces? What is the purpose of that?

chuck
          I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess: Because they can be used in both trem-spaced and regular spaced guitars?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
            I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess: Because they can be used in both trem-spaced and regular spaced guitars?
            Yes, and also due to the fact that the pole pieces put a full magnetic path under the strings at all times and you won't get any sound drop out while bending strings like you would on a normal pup with 6 pole pieces.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yep, it's Carvin's less aesthetically pleasing alternative to a rails design.

Comment

Thumbs up! Carvins are great guitars (I actually own four Carvins, so I know what I'm speaking about)!

Comment

Working...
                X