No announcement yet.

Marty Friedman Ibanez Signature model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nah, marty needs more versatility than a 1hum.

since when?? He in all his interviews to doate has stated that he doesn't like the sound of the neck pickup...and has never used a neck p'up on any of his cacophony, solo, megadeth recordings.....unless his session work in japan demands it now...him being in like 3 or however many bands bands an all...

Comment

Well, who says the neck pup is even hooked up? Dave Mustaine's guitars had neck pups, but they were never connected (maybe some of his later models were, I don't know).
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's aiet except for the stars, which scream GHEY. I like the color, though.

Comment

It does not have nearly enough frets, the stars are dumb and it's an Ibanez. I hate it.
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch
            It does not have nearly enough frets, the stars are dumb and it's an Ibanez. I hate it.
            One of the bests posts EVER!
            "POOP"

Comment

It's very ugly, especially the color.

Comment

if he didn't need neck hums, then why does he have them in all the guitars he's used live since starting his career in japan (A.k.a. after all of his metal and virtuoso work)?

He's said himself that he uses those Ibanez guitars more for their versatility, and that Jackson's are the best for metal, but he needed something more than that.

and if you heard some of the solos he's done on some of the televised japan tv shows he's done, i seem to recall hearing a neck pickup being used in some of that, maybe even the one he did in that pink jacket, where he emulates japanese Anka music...but who knows, i could be totally wrong.

Comment

I think the 8 ball on daves guitar is that bad. This sucks though. As Chickenscratch said.

Comment

Wow, glib respoce to this thread and it's seemed to have hit a nerve. But yeah, you would expect something a bit cooler from Marty. He could have done something way more interesting yet with a more traditional body but it didnt happen that way.
                    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                    X