Marty Friedman Ibanez Signature model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marty Friedman Ibanez Signature model

I was checking out the Japanese Ibanez website and found this under Artist Signature models.

Well beside the Star on it, I like it despite having no Floyd or edge trem on it.
    According To The Prophecy

Comment

that would be pretty wicked though, having an edge or a lo-pro on it.

Comment

Is this the "poodle" edition? :ROTF:
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary
          :ROTF: :ROTF:

all kidding aside though, the fucker is one of the best players around.
          one of my all time favorites.

as for this sig edition, eh, it's ok. the star on the body is gay though. but that will sell huge in Japan. NTTAWWT.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Looks like a SZ720 with different inlays and controls.

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=SZ720FM

Comment

It's no gayer than Mustaine's "8 ball" on his ESPEE.
              "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY
                It's no gayer than Mustaine's "8 ball" on his ESPEE.
                I always thought it was really funny. Him having been a huge drug addict and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary
                  I was going to suggest "poodlecaster," but you beat me to it. I happen to like the guitar...reminds me of a Sambora.

Comment

I never liked this shape.. I don't like the way it sounds too. Remember the video with friedman and gilbert playing all kinds of songs in a japanese show.. friedman played a guitar very similar like this and his tone wasn't that nice imo..
                    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Great player, BUT, a very lousy looking guitar at best.
                      I'd use it for fire wood, really bad imo.
                      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

The bastard love child of a Kramer Sambora and a PRS. ...Marty's reaching there, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap
                          Great player, BUT, a very lousy looking guitar at best.
                          I'd use it for fire wood, really bad imo.
                          For some reason, I thought his guitar was going to be a 1 HB Iceman
                          "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon
                            The bastard love child of a Kramer Sambora and a PRS. ...Marty's reaching there, IMHO.
                            my thoughts exactly

Comment

nah, marty needs more versatility than a 1hum.

the reason you thought that was, he got it loaned from a friend, who owned that guitar, which was some type of prototype.

people also threw around the idea of marty getting a custom Artist model, and that singlecut Ibanez, but I guess he just digs those SZs.

he just goes on and on about how well they stay in tune...

Comment

Working...
                              X