What are your favourite guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your favourite guitars?

I'm bored, so let's see some pics of your favourite, and tell us what makes them special. I'll start.

First up is my Xaviere XV500. This is surprisingly the best sounding of all my guitars by far, and that's why it's one of my faves. Don't get me wrong, it plays very nicely, and looks good too, but the tone that comes out of this thing is just silly. I get Adam Jones' sound to a tee, with this through a SD-1 and into my Crate Blue Voodoo. That's a Duncan Custom in the bridge, and a GFS Crunchy PAF in the neck. Strings are 10, 13, 17, 30, 42, 52, and it's tuned E drop D.

Here is my KV1. This thing is just an all around great guitar, solid, and very cool looking. It was converted to TOM by a previous owner, and I prefer it to a fixed Kahler. It's got an EMG 85 in the bridge, and 81 in then neck. I also use 10-52s on this one, but it's usually tuned to Eb, and sometimes drop C#. The controls have also been modified. It now has a toggle, with single volume, and single tone. I like the position of the toggle a lot. I plan on having it refinished in winter/urban camo very soon.

Finally my Lado Lazer (yes it's spelled with a Z). Handmade by Lado for John Albani, guitar player/song writer for Lee Aaron. I saw it in one of her music videos many years ago, and drooled over it. It finally became mine a year and a half ago. It's somewhat road worn, but still looks awesome, plays well, and sounds kick ass. It's an unbelievable well made instrument, and as far as I know is unique, as in the only Lazer ever made. Those are solid flame maple wings, and a 3 piece flame/birdseye maple nack. I recently started putting 9-42s on this one, and I gotta say it was made for lighter gauge strings, and plays much nicer now. It's tuned to Eb at all times. It's my Slayer guitar. The Duncan Custom with the maple body makes it really cut through. It's not too bright, but definitely not muddy.

Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

I only have three -

Charvel 05 San Dimas and 1984 Kramer Pacer Special, both seen here

And my favourite, my new American Deluxe V-neck strat. Havent touched the others since I got it.

Comment

They all look Great!!
      Mine for now are a 87 Charvel model 6 w/Emg's 18V, 84 Gibson SG std. w/Emg's 18V & kahler, & a modified 93 Charvel CX391 - changed from H/S/H to a 84' Dimarzio distortion w/preamp boost, dropped down to Eb, it sounds killer for a junk guitar/my favorite player........

Last edited by SGplayer; 05-09-2006, 12:06 AM.

Comment

I am down to 2 now, but 2 great guitars:

1) 2006 Jackson CS Soloist
        2)2003 Hamer CS Sustain Block Special

9-42`s on the Jackson tuned 440
        9-46 on the Hamer tuned 440/Drop D

Jack

Comment

This is my #1:

But I also love:
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

My KV1 Korina and Fender USA Yngwie.
            I love these.

Comment

favorite 78/79 BCRich eagle one of the nicest playing & sounding guitars ive owned ever.

Main player lately 81 eagle

this is "THE" guitar ive always wanted, bought it when i graduated college in 95. 82 bich6

Comment

I've always wanted an original 10 string bich, just something about them visually. Now, can you explain the function of all the switches and knobs? Never having played one personally, I've always wondered about that.
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Super BCRICH's you're a Dimarzio & EMG fan also, KILLER woods, are they
                  heavy??

Comment

OK, my absolute favorite axe of all time......this 1988 custom shop Dinky in nuclear yellow I got from Brian Roberts a few years ago. Ebony and mop sharks, oiled neck, stainless frets, body color matched logo, trembucker, fender lace, Schaller, man I gotta say this is the ONE guitar I'll never sell. I have became one with this axe.......

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

My tele

www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Here are mine.

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman
                          Fender USA Yngwie
                          that is the nicest YJM model I've seen. love it!

how is the scalloped board? I've never played one of those.
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

here's mine right now

the Tele is all maple and plays I think the best of any guitar I've ever owned. it's super resonant and the neck is perfect. and it stays in tune song after song.
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
                              that is the nicest YJM model I've seen. love it!

how is the scalloped board? I've never played one of those.
                              The Scalloped fretboard is GREAT!
                              You can play with very light touch and real fast.
                              I got so addicted to it and played 2weeks straight.What scared me was when I switched back to my Jackson, I had very hard time playing it because my fingers got used to play lightly..
                              So I put my Yngwie Strat in the case and playing my Jackson mainly again..
                              I try not to play it too often these days..

Comment

Working...
                              X