Now these are what you call knockoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now these are what you call knockoffs

Some of these look pretty impressive. If the price was right I would definately buy.

http://www.guitarandpickup.com/index...icle&Id=164030
    Damn, I love this Interweb.

I sense several lawsuits in the near future...

Comment

re

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84
      I sense several lawsuits in the near future...

I dont. The PRS/Gibson suit opened the doors for this in IMO. Also look at the address at the bottom. I believe its in Thailand. I country that doesnt care about copyright laws. China is already copying the JEM and other Ibanez guitars and doing striped guitars with an actual kramer logo on them. NO ONE CARES! We have been sold out to the control of foreign importers. Look what happened with Harley Davidson when Japan copied there designs. NO ONE CARES!

Comment

Man talk about exact replicas. I agree not a thing PRS can do about it.
        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Check out this Fender Sambora knockoff on ebay from the same company. This is how I found their website. I just emailed them to see if they could send me a price list.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Richie-Sambora-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Uh...huh huhuhuh hu huhuu huhuhu!!!...they have a model called URANUS...heh heehhe he hehe!!!....he said ANUS!

Comment

this is a compnay in bangkok Thailand. the gallery has some prices next to the pics in thai Baht. there is 40 baht to 1USD. the saphire looks like its $500 USD

Comment

not much PRS could do internationaly but they could keep them from being imported to the US..if they wanted to pursue it.

the PRS/GIBSON case i think would be irrelavent.at least in that case there were a number of difference between the 2 companies guitars ( body shape, scale lenght,headstock shape, inlays) these are just plain exact carbon copies

PS: by the way they do look very well done and that little jazzbox number on the left of the page looks yummy
                Last edited by 4koa; 04-05-2006, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Their Santana Version starts at $1175, but man what risk to take if it plays like crap.

Check thier production pics.

http://www.guitarandpickup.com/index...=77139&Ntype=4

Comment

Hey Krimson, I see that you live in El Paso. I grew up there. What funeral house you work at. I have/had some friends who are in the business?
                    I tried to pm this, but your box is full, sorry for the Off Topic
                    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Vince

I work at Martin Funeral Home on Monatana. Yeah I remember that you mentioned you were coming to town for Christmas in your thread regarding your sons Toy Porsche.

Comment

wow this is scary how close it is in looks to the real ones...even the trem is pretty much the right style...planet waves locking/cutting tuners too...hmmm

http://www.guitarandpickup.com/index...icle&Id=253672

-Mike
                        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

oooo, i like the SNAIL. its like a cool-whip guitar!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsung
                            oooo, i like the SNAIL. its like a cool-whip guitar!!!
                            Dude...no offense...please don't take any...

But that looks like something Prince would play!...YUK!!

It seems they are quite expensive when you do the Thai/US conversion. That's a lot of bread for a Thai knockoff. They look like they're done good...but still

Comment

Yep, they are a little pricey, and a big chance on buying one. I would love to, but they are a little bit to much to take a chance for me, that`s too bad. Don`t forget about the shipping costs. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X