Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think half of the board wants one

Comment

I don't, since I can hardly handle 22 frets.

That is cool though!

Comment

I remember those too, I always liked em, never played one though.
        I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell
          I don't, since I can hardly handle 22 frets.
          +1!!!

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by jjw
            post it here when you do Pete,the only 36 fret guitar i have heard was played by a novice with terrible shrilly no speaker emulated tone that made the hearing a very nasty incident that i am still having nightmares from!Would be great to hear it played as it should be,with great toneso do it
            I expect you could do lots of interesting pick taps?I do envy you with that-like yourself i always wanted one after seeing the adverts in the 80's-that cutaway looks radical and the headstock is pure metal
            Check out the track "Lament of the Old Gods" at the bottom of my homepage.

http://www.musicv2.com/artist/chrisoberst

I recorded the melody and harmony parts (but not the solo section--that's a 650xl) on an EC36. I did three-part harmonies using the third octave on that guitar, but the notes didn't sound all that great--you'd get just as good a result using a Harmonizer. Overall, though, that was a very nice-sounding guitar--all maple construction, with a very crisp, focused sound.

Frets 33-36 were pretty much useless, and the licensed Floyd was crap. It looks like Twisteramp's guitar was modded to have an OFR--big improvement! That would have required redrilling the stud post holes, since the orignal stud spacing was narrower than needed for an OFR.

Comment

cool track Chris,i realy liked your riff and tone at 1.14 onwards before that rather dreamy melodic lead line came in looks like your using the same preamps i use(pods/digi's)
              Fast hands on that shredy titled tune as well-some very eat em and smile vai licks in there with the nod in that direction too for the bar work
              good stuff

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, I go back and forth between the PODxt and Digitech 2101. The POD is more 'realistic', but the 2101 is a little more hi-fi and you can do all kinds of weird and wonderful stuff with it. Actually, though, the leads on the "Lament" track were recorded awhile back using a Behringer V-Amp 2. That wasn't a bad unit, but the PODxt is a big improvement. I doubt any of them could do much with the third octave on an EC36, though. Uli Roth uses some fancy and expensive pickups and electronics to get a decent sound of that portion of the neck on his Sky Guitar. The problem is that the 'active' string length becomes so short when you play at the 30th fret or so, that you don't get much body from the note. Couple that with the limited frequency range on most guitar electronics, and you have trouble.

Comment

It's taken me 35 years to get comfortable with the first 17 frets! I'd be about 80 before that puppy would be okay for me and then I'd be falling in my own pooh! Neat guitar tho.

Comment

i would guess that the with the string tension, that 8s would feel firm like 10s?? or am i wrong?

also nice looking guitar???

Comment

All I remember was Nicole Couch formerly from Phantom Blue used to play one of these!

Don't know what happened to her, but she was one hell of a female shredder!!

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                        i would guess that the with the string tension, that 8s would feel firm like 10s?? or am i wrong?
                        There's no difference in string tension, actually. The neck is the same length as a standard neck on any superstrat (25.5" scale), it's just that 12 additional frets have been added to the bottom of the neck where the neck pickup would normally be. Because the neck is the same length as normal, those additional frets are *really* close together and difficult to play. If you had a longer neck, then you could have a 36-fret guitar that would play decently on all frets, but in that case the string tension would be greater--probably much greater, since you'd need at least a 30" scale to make the 30th-36th frets even remotely easy to play.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdZ
                          All I remember was Nicole Couch formerly from Phantom Blue used to play one of these!

Don't know what happened to her, but she was one hell of a female shredder!!
                          I'll ask Linda M next time I see her.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I always liked that guitar, and this one.. The Dana Scoop from Alvarez:

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion
                              There's no difference in string tension, actually. The neck is the same length as a standard neck on any superstrat (25.5" scale), it's just that 12 additional frets have been added to the bottom of the neck where the neck pickup would normally be. Because the neck is the same length as normal, those additional frets are *really* close together and difficult to play. If you had a longer neck, then you could have a 36-fret guitar that would play decently on all frets, but in that case the string tension would be greater--probably much greater, since you'd need at least a 30" scale to make the 30th-36th frets even remotely easy to play.
                              thanks for the info..and clearing that up for me. been bugging me for awile so glade you answered it in full....

thanks Monster

Comment

i saw 29 fret custom guitar but this one is really cool

Comment

Working...
                                X