Fear my 36 fret guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear my 36 fret guitar

Just picked this up, may or may not keep it, but I wanted one back when they first came out. Pretty exciting, eh?

Pete

You gotta love the slinky feel of the cutaway...............

Comment

Wow, 36 frets, and it's a crackle as well! (did they do any other finish?)

I remember those from back in the day - a friend had an EC 29, but the crackle was finer than on that one.....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Those look like so much fun, rock on!

Comment

ahh man i will have to call you a fn c for having that!I love those guitars and there getting hard to find these days

how practicle is the extended upper range (octave!!!!)on that neck?

Comment

I've always liked those! Can you actually fit any of your fingers on the frets above 24?!? LOL
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by jjw
              ahh man i will have to call you a fn c for having that!I love those guitars and there getting hard to find these days

how practicle is the extended upper range (octave!!!!)on that neck?
              It's pretty easy to go up to the 29th or so fret: higher than that would take some practice for sure. It's not a problem with access, just the size of the space between frets.

Pete

Comment

Pretty sweet. How is the general quality of the instrument? Always been curious about these.

Comment

yikes !!
                  “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

cool stuff pete-you going to record with it?i dont think i have heard a 3 octave range here o

Comment

Originally posted by jjw
                      cool stuff pete-you going to record with it?i dont think i have heard a 3 octave range here o
                      I'd like to, and I might do a few tiny things with it, but after getting it set up and messing with it, I'm just not real comfortable with the guitar. One thing that kills me about it is that it seems like a 24.75" scale... which is nuts on a guitar like this. If they did a 25.5", or even a slightly longer scale, the frets would be further apart, which would make it a little easier to play high. I messed with it while watching TV, and I can dick around with it up to the 30th fret or so, after that is going to take some woodshedding.

Pete

Comment

*cringes in fear and soils self*

SWEET

Comment

That is just plain scary. I think I would get lost somewhere on that guitar!
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

post it here when you do Pete,the only 36 fret guitar i have heard was played by a novice with terrible shrilly no speaker emulated tone that made the hearing a very nasty incident that i am still having nightmares from!Would be great to hear it played as it should be,with great toneso do it
                            I expect you could do lots of interesting pick taps?I do envy you with that-like yourself i always wanted one after seeing the adverts in the 80's-that cutaway looks radical and the headstock is pure metal

Comment

I really need that guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X