Ibanez Jem / Steve Vai Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ibanez Jem / Steve Vai Question

A friend of mine is a NYC studio musician. His wife is Japaneese and I might have a chance to take a trip to Japan. I was told that Ibanez never stopped producing some versions of the JEM such as the Floral Pattern. What is a good Japaneese web site dealer to look at?

Comment

The BFTS requires a change in nut placement along with tuning the strings "off" a little. It's called the BF offsets and can be found by searching the web. All but 1 string I think is sharp or flat by a cent or 2. Some tuners come with these offsets preset so you can let the tuner do the work. I have the offsets somewhere at home if you are interested.

There is my very non-technical explanation [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        A friend of mine is a NYC studio musician. His wife is Japaneese and I might have a chance to take a trip to Japan. I was told that Ibanez never stopped producing some versions of the JEM such as the Floral Pattern. What is a good Japaneese web site dealer to look at?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a time when the FP wasn't available in the US, but was available in other places. That's probably what your friend meant by "they never stopped producing it". The FP is no longer being made or sold anywhere now, though.
        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

I'd like to put a Buzz Feiten on a Jem to hear it....but how the hell do they retrofit it?

Comment

I can tell the difference in sound when playing a Buzz Feiten guitar and non BF when I am playing chords...BUT ...Can anyone hear it in regards to a solo line?

Comment

"I have always said Ibanez guitars are best in heavily processed environments. They are effects pushers"
              You probably have not tried a good Ibanez. Do yourself a favor, chances aare you'd be surprised. Something from the J-Custom line preferably. At lease RGT3010 or similar if you can't get j-custom.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider Riff
                I'd like to put a Buzz Feiten on a Jem to hear it....but how the hell do they retrofit it?
                It's pretty simple, actually. All you need to do to "install" the system is move the nut a few thousandths of an inch closer to the 1st fret. After that, there are tuning and intonation changes to make, but the only physical change to the guitar is moving the nut.
                Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
                X