PGM Christmas Delivery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PGM Christmas Delivery!

So I got home from church early Christmas afternoon to find a tag on my front door that delivery was attempted on a package and I wasn't home. I scratched my head for 2 reasons:

#1 The package shipped from ASIA 48 hours before!

#2 Christmas! USPS tried delivering on Christmas morning!

Well anyways, I was leaving for an anniversary getaway that night and not coming back until Tuesday afternoon. This is the only time I was bummed that a package came earlier than it was supposed to.

I get home at 6:15 PM Tuesday evening. In the back of my mind as I unloading the car I'm thinking nah, the P.O. is closed already, I'll pick it up tomorrow. The little voice keeps nagging me so I hop in my car at 6:34 PM and head to the P.O.

I park in front and see someone leave thru the front door and my face lights up. I get out and try the door but, it's locked :cry: BUT, before giving up, [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] I try another door and voila [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] open sesame. I go to the teller guy and tell him that I hope it's not too late to pick up a package as I'm looking thru the glass and see what can only be MY package and point it out and say actually I think it's that one! He goes sure and checks and says you're right. He lugs it over and asks if it's a guitar? And I said yes, a special Ibanez. He goes good guitar and asked if I heard of the 2 different versions of the Eric Clapton models--smoking and non smoking [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] which I hadn't and explains the story to me and I'm thinking cool this guy is into guitars but, GIVE ME MY GUITAR ALREADY [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I throw the box in the back of my car and zoom home. Put it in my dining room against the wall and forget about it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

You see I have no clue what kind of climate it's been kept over the past 2 & 1/2 days so I left it to acclimate itself to my house until the next morning. How many of you could have did that knowing this was waiting for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Re: PGM Christmas Delivery!

Ibanez Paul Gilbert 10th Anniversary Model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

That is a beautiful looking guitar.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Wow - very cool indeed! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] You have more self discipline than I do!

I'm keeping my eyes pealed for a candy red / creme version PGM but no luck so far!
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Oh, kick ass! That is a sweet looking guitar you have there. If the PGM didn't have a middle pickup, I would have one. Congrats.

Comment

Ooooh aawwhh...sweeeet man sweet. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

that is kick ass indeed...love it. I have always liked the way the volume and selector are kind of hidden in the fake f-hole. Congrats...
              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Ivan.. that is just beautiful. Congratz!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  How many of you could have did that knowing this was waiting for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well not me, that's for sure! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Sweet Ibanez, those Gilbert models are awesome! And that's one of the nicest ones I've seen. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                  -Janne

Comment

Hey Robotechnology, is this PGM the reason why you? needed to raise 3K? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Nice guitar man!
                    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

What a great score. I be that thing has some great tone to it.
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

that is beautiful with the exception of the f-holes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Such a beutiful guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                          93 USA Soloist EDS
                          USA HT6 Juggernaut
                          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Awesome!!! Congrats!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

25fret PGM!!!
                              Congrats!!
                              [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X