Need Pictures of Matthias Jabs Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Pictures of Matthias Jabs Explorer

Does anyone have any good pictures of Matthias Jabs striped explorer? I wanna refin a 84 explorer in the white with black stripes like matthias'.

Any pictures would be appreciated.

Thanx - Pete

Re: Need Pictures of Matthias Jabs Explorer

One just sold on ebay recently. I had it in my watchlist but just removed it yesterday.

Comment

I have a book from Love at First Sting. Let me take a quick look and see.
      Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Here are a couple-

Comment

Here's another one, a bit more vintage-

Comment

Beat me to it, LOL. Good pics.
            Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Another one- I'm a machine.

Comment

There's a disturbing amount of groupie websites dedicated to this guy, actually. I feel like I need to wash my hands.

Comment

Thanx Mr. Poon. The vintage ones are the ones that I am looking for.

Comment

I love that guitar! When I was a wee lad in the eighties I wanted an Explorer so bad I could taste it, wound up buying a Flying V because they were cheaper at the time.
                    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

I had one of the X90s (first 3 pics in this thread) for a while. Those are absolutely kick ass guitars. Best Gibson I've ever had. Of course I'm not into dropping $4k+ for new Historics.
                      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I had one of the X90s (first 3 pics in this thread) for a while. Those are absolutely kick ass guitars. Best Gibson I've ever had. Of course I'm not into dropping $4k+ for new Historics.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Aw man, do mean the one with the one Hum and a Floyd. They are really cool and hard to find! I was looking for one awhile ago.
                        [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

If I bought an Explorer, that would be it, 1 hum and a floyd, that is sweet!! Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Aw man, do mean the one with the one Hum and a Floyd. They are really cool and hard to find! I was looking for one awhile ago.
                            [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope it featured a 1-hum strung-through 90% sized mahogany body w/lightning bolt tailpiece, ebony board w/split diamond inlays, 25.5" scale, and a factory silver finish that none of the Gibson folks I spoke with had ever seen on an X90 before. Pretty unusual piece but a great player with a very nice voice.
                            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              If I bought an Explorer, that would be it, 1 hum and a floyd, that is sweet!! Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mathias Jabs is one of my all time favorite guitar players. He plays fills better than any other guitar player I've ever heard. Every once in a while I see one of those Explorer 90's on Ebay. That is his signature guitar. I think Gibson only made them for about 2 years. Here's one that didn't sell.
                              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Working...
                              X