Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Feedback on JEM7VWH ?

[ QUOTE ]
    I think you can play more "expressively" on a JEM than on a Soloist, but the overall sound is much deeper and richer on a Soloist. JEMs have a tendency to be a bit thin-sounding, in my experience, but they seem more sensitive to the nuances in your playing than most other guitars--which is great for doing a lot of the subtle phrasing things that Vai does. But wow, any sloppiness or indecision in your playing seems to get magnified 100% when you play a JEM.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the Blue Floral Pattern one (BFP). The necks are great if you like thin necks. Very fast. Lots of sounds you can make on them and harmonics are second to none. Thats the positive.

Now the negative - cheap parts and feel. Buzz saw sound that many Ibanezes seem to have and I changed the pick ups. It had PAF's and I get Evolutions. Noisy and thin sounding. I always thought Ibanez guitars were best suited for highly processed environments - lots of compression, etc...

Bottom line - can do lots of tricks with them but not the greatest sounding. Jacksons will tear the thing apart in the tone area if you put them side by side which I have.

Also, when you stretch strings on the Jems the tremelo moves around weakening the vibrato technique due to its movement. I put 4 springs on and it still did this.

Anyway that is my experience with the Jem that I had. I had it for 4 years. Sold it for $1000. Great looking guitar however.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
    X