Schecter Reverse Strathead on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Schecter Reverse Strathead on Ebay

Bret, since I'm a big Schecter fan, and have owned many, when I spoke to Tom Anderson the first question I asked him was what was the best way to determine US from imports. He told me all US guitars built in the Van Nuys facility through the summer of 1984 had skunk stripes, even the rosewood board models. He also said after that time they were assembling japanese necks and bodies with pickups and hardware made here. Another tip he gave me was US built guitars would not have "Schecter" on the neckplate, just a serial number. He was VERY sure of this, referencing his involvement with Schecter from 77-84. I'm inclined to believe it as accurate.

Comment

I don't think Tom always gives accurate info regarding Schecters. I have to old Strat heads. Many Schecter "experts" told me that skunk stripes and the black washer under the neckplate are good indications of Anderson era USA Schecters. Many have seen mine and swear they are USA. I spoke to the original owner who ordered it and he told me USA. I sent Tom the pics and he told me import. I think he said rounded fingerboards are import. I personally don't care. My two Schecter kick much ass regardless if they are USA or import

Comment

I am all about Schecters lately. This US Tele is awesome. Incredible detail and fretwork.

Shawn
        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

That tele looks nice, the neck looks good also.

Comment

Working...
          X