Schecter Reverse Strathead on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter Reverse Strathead on Ebay

interesting looking old schecter with reverse head and scalloped board.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...24594&rd=1

Re: Schecter Reverse Strathead on Ebay

It could be one of these Yngwie models Schecter had in 80's.
    They were Black and had Ynwgie's name on the headstock though..

Comment

"SCALIBRATED" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

It's an import...

Comment

Its not a YNGWIE model and not a factory scallop. I had a Yngwie Schecter. Schecters scalloping was outstanding.
          It might be an import. Only the serial # stamped on the neckplate will tell its origin.

Comment

He say's its an "A" serial number. That would make it an early USA model, wouldn't it?

Comment

All US Schecters had a skunkstripe on the back of the neck. Tom Anderson informed me of that when I asked him the best way to determine USA or import. I see lots of people selling on the bay claiming their Schecter is US built, and lots of bidders bidding on non-US Schecters thinking they're US built...Now you know...No stripe = import.

Comment

Yes, A's and B's are built in the USA models. The parts might be import though and assembled in the USA. I never heard the story regarding skunkstripe determining origin but there are alot of things I don't know about. If I recall, all of the Texas built Schecter's that I owned had skunkstripes.

Comment

Yeah it's not bad looking. If it wasn't for the "Scalibrated" neck I'd be very interested. All those old Schecters tend to be GREAT players!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Its not a YNGWIE model and not a factory scallop. I had a Yngwie Schecter. Schecters scalloping was outstanding.
                    It might be an import. Only the serial # stamped on the neckplate will tell its origin.

[/ QUOTE ]

you nailed it... that definitely is not a factory scallop. The fret side marker is showing and it is uneven.

Comment

I have a scalloped schecter and as John mentioned, the scallops are outstanding. If you can get one, they are great guitars
                      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        All US Schecters had a skunkstripe on the back of the neck. Tom Anderson informed me of that when I asked him the best way to determine USA or import. I see lots of people selling on the bay claiming their Schecter is US built, and lots of bidders bidding on non-US Schecters thinking they're US built...Now you know...No stripe = import.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say that statement is inaccurate.

This looks to be a Dallas, TX series same as mine. He replaced the stock Schecter trem with a Floyd. No skunkstripes on that series or at least on this one or the one I own, and the ones I have seen pictures of.

For reference:
                        http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/archive...rs/sch-86.html
                        www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Here's my "A" series blue Tele'...with skunk stripe. Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Comment

That's great! Nice tele!

However, your claim of "all US Schecters have skunk stripes" is not true unless you can qualify it with more definitive information.

I would suggest they were using more than one source for necks and bodies for that series which may explain how some necks have skunk stripes and some don't.

What do you think?
                            www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

I have a Schecter strathead neck that is stamped 'made in canada' on the heel, .. no skunkstripe. Makes me wonder if Larivee did contract work for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X