WTF Ibanez is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF Ibanez is this?

So I am curious what model of Roadstar II or Blazer this is. The rear pickup was a factory single coil and the front was originally a humbucker. Odd combo if you ask me but I did take it apart and investigate and it is legit in this odd config. Any ideas?

RS-335 maybe

Comment

Some of the old Ibanez guitars, particularly the ones "made" in the USA, specifically Pennsylvania -
      They were a hodgepodge of parts.

Comment

Thanks I am pretty sure that is what it is. I have several but for the life of me couldn't think on this one. I may decide to restore it in a nice metallic white but I am not sure yet. Anyone have any tips on cleaning up the binding and not removing it in the process of painting it? :-)

Comment

They call one of their guitars an "RS 335" ???
          8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Roadstar series shortened to RS was a series before the RG series at the start of 1980s. The later models from somewhere around 85-86 i think got the edge tremolo and they were pretty sweet guitars. I once owned the RS-1010SL steve lukather model and that was also a very cool guitar and the stock pickups on that sounded very sweet.

Comment

I have several road star guitars just wasnt sure what exact model this one was. Pretty great player despite being modded (prior to me owning it).

Comment

One of my first guitars was a Roadstar II in Ash. Brilliant axe...
                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

A good friend of mine said he would do me a personal favor and repaint the guitar for me. I’m pretty excited. It’s going over to the shop to be painted a really nice metallic blue. It’s got a vintage inspired head stock decal going on it that is gold leafing where it says Ibanez. I’m going to restore it is close to original as I can with the exception of the pick ups. Those were long gone before I bought the guitar.

Comment

Working...
                  X