WTF Ibanez is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF Ibanez is this?

So I am curious what model of Roadstar II or Blazer this is. The rear pickup was a factory single coil and the front was originally a humbucker. Odd combo if you ask me but I did take it apart and investigate and it is legit in this odd config. Any ideas?

RS-335 maybe

Comment

Some of the old Ibanez guitars, particularly the ones "made" in the USA, specifically Pennsylvania -
      They were a hodgepodge of parts.

Comment

Thanks I am pretty sure that is what it is. I have several but for the life of me couldn't think on this one. I may decide to restore it in a nice metallic white but I am not sure yet. Anyone have any tips on cleaning up the binding and not removing it in the process of painting it? :-)

Comment

They call one of their guitars an "RS 335" ???
          8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Roadstar series shortened to RS was a series before the RG series at the start of 1980s. The later models from somewhere around 85-86 i think got the edge tremolo and they were pretty sweet guitars. I once owned the RS-1010SL steve lukather model and that was also a very cool guitar and the stock pickups on that sounded very sweet.

Comment

I have several road star guitars just wasnt sure what exact model this one was. Pretty great player despite being modded (prior to me owning it).

Comment

One of my first guitars was a Roadstar II in Ash. Brilliant axe...
                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

A good friend of mine said he would do me a personal favor and repaint the guitar for me. I’m pretty excited. It’s going over to the shop to be painted a really nice metallic blue. It’s got a vintage inspired head stock decal going on it that is gold leafing where it says Ibanez. I’m going to restore it is close to original as I can with the exception of the pick ups. Those were long gone before I bought the guitar.

Comment

Such as life.... Had a few personal setbacks but am back on track with this project. I finally have the body prepped for paint and a custom decal for the headstock that I think is pretty cool. Just need to find time to drop it off at paint. I decided since the pickups are not original to the guitar I would order a DiMarzio super 3 for the bridge and I already have a dimarzio for the neck. Should come together nicely and when it is done I can't wait to share it with you.

Comment

Looks like a 1981 RS1000 with the (2) Super 58 humbuckers replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
                        Looks like a 1981 RS1000 with the (2) Super 58 humbuckers replaced.
                        The guitar actually originally only had one single coil and one Humbucker. I had an even bigger setback with the guitar. I paid somebody to paint it and let’s just say anybody with kids could’ve done better with crayons. A complete waste of time and money and I’m not very happy but there’s nothing I can do about it other than start over. I’ll post pictures of the botched paint job when I am able to.

Comment

So I decided to paint the guitar metallic blue, but the problem is that the guy who did the paint work for me completely screwed everything up so now I'm back to the drawing board. I'm going to have to send it all back down and get it all refinished again.

Comment

ibanez rs-3...d.m.
                            https://reverb.com/item/15050196-198...eam-finish-mij
                            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
                            X