Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone noticed : jeff hanneman's esp's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone noticed : jeff hanneman\'s esp\'s ?

Seventh Avenged, do you like the band Avenged Sevenfold?

Comment

Hitler was in power less than one hundred years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
        Hitler was in power less than one hundred years ago.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I meant within the past hundred years. You knew what I meant, silly! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Some people (not aiming this at you) forget that it all went down not that long ago.

Comment

Good point.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This is fucking stupid. What they MEAN to say is "The guitar wasn't selling well with these inlays, so we're going to change them." Total fucking bullshit. If they seriously didn't want to offend anyone, they'd drop Hanneman and Araya as endorsers completely. But they sell guitars, so of course they won't.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                Who the hell is praising Hitler?!? It was pointed out that Jeff is German. So what? He's not a Nazi and doesn't praise Hitler either. Germany seems to think it's okay to sensor the Kiss logo on their albums because they're afraid and don't want to be portrayed as a "Nazi" country. I can see where they're coming from and that they don't want to offend, but they need to stop being so PC and just get on with the events in their life and stop worrying about the past. What's done is done, so just move on with life and don't forget the past.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The problem is that there are thousands of people left in this world that live with the memory of what Hitler and his goons did to them. This isn't ancient history - 60 years ago today this shit was going down. But you guys say these are just symbols - right? I can slap an SS insignia or a Swastika on my shirt and walk down the street and it will be cool. Try telling this to a professor of mine, who's parents were murdered in the Holocaust. Try telling this to my uncle, who was wounded at the hands of the Nazis. See if they see these as "just symbols." These things go way beyond "PC bullshit" - they are a reminder of one of the most terrible regimes in human history.

Now, as far as the guitar goes - sure, Jeff can put whatever he wants on his personal guitars. Amir Derakh had a Jackson made with a Swastika on it, which I would consider far worse, but again: it's his personal guitar. But we're not talking about their personal guitars - we're talking about a signature model, which is designed to do only one thing: make money. I realize that the artist has a lot of input, but I think ESP was blinded by dollar signs in this case. I would applaud them for this move, but this guitar should never have been released to begin with.

Comment

Boxcar-
                  Yeah man, I'm a fan of Avenged, and hardcore in general. well, punk and a lot of 80s hard rock too...

by the way, i dug the Distiller's avatar bro!

Comment

Interesting discussion. It sounds like most people think a swastika is bad and the S & Keys are ok... but wasn't the swastika the symbol of the political party and the S & Key a symbol of part of the military of that same political party? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] For me the two are very closely linked.

Personally, I will not buy guitars with ANY symbol I don't like (swastikas, iron crosses, religious crosses, etc...), but that is just my opinion and manufacturers can make anything they damn well please. It is my choice as a counsumer to buy those companies products. However, I do have a guitar with a pile of skulls on it. People may think I am promoting death and murder, but I think it looks cool [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . I guess everyone just has to find their own line in the sand.

-Mike

Comment

Building on what a few others said. Hitler and his atrocities are fairly recent and alothough the symbols may have other meanings they are associated with him in most people's minds.

Sure what ESP is doing is censureing but with all that within the last hundred years is does stick in people's minds. It could have worked the same with any other symbol/s he may have used.

So the old guitars with the old inlays will go up in vaule and there will be a new JH model soon so it's a win/win the way I see it.
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Bullshit. What ESP is doing is covering their ass with a bullshit story about inlays when more likely than not the guitar just isn't selling and they want to redo the model. What kind of dipshits don't know what the SS symbol looks like? Are they seriously trying to make me believe that they didn't know what the symbols were when they put them on the guitar? [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

swastika I believe was an egyptian or like BC religious symbol of peace before Hilter warped it.
                          Gibson didn't have issue on the Ace Frehley model lightning bolt inlays which were taken after the SS symbols, which were used in the Kiss logo as well.

Comment

If someone would have a SS symbol or similar, I would figure them for a WWII buff. where as if someone had a swastika i would figure them more for a nazi.

That's how i see it

Comment

Working...
                            X