Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone noticed : jeff hanneman's esp's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone noticed : jeff hanneman's esp's ?

i don't think much people would care about esp but jeff was a jackson player ...

i thought i would paste that :

Statement from ESP:

"ESP will reintroduce the Hanneman models at a later date, using a different inlay design from one of Jeff's other ESP guitars. ESP's policy has always been to design and manufacture Signature models in collaboration with each artist, and we will continue to do so.

The S & Key inlays represent Himmler's notorious Schutzstaffel (SS) police, as well as being a divisional symbol of the 12th SS Panzer Division. After learning this, and in consideration of the excessive amount of ongoing concerns expressed to us from people around the world, we have decided to discontinue these inlays.

As most of you know, ESP has never before let any outside opinions effect the design of any model/inlay/graphic that we may decide to put into production. But in view of the innumerable atrocities that the SS committed, including the systematic murder of countless innocent people, we have decided not to use their symbol on any ESP product. blablabla...

Re: anyone noticed : jeff hanneman\'s esp\'s ?

Blimey took them long enough.

Shame about where they came from, but it looked really cool.

Comment

Wonder if the value of the S & Key ones will go up...
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wusses........

Comment

Now Jeff should play a real guitar again.
          Like a Jackson

Comment

PC bullshit. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2:
              Wusses........
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My thoughts exactly. Jeff's a WWII buff and collects old war medallions and relics. He's also German, not that it makes a big deal, though. Let's crucify a guy for having a hobby. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] And I believe the Swastika was also a religious symbol around before Hitler, so...

The world needs to stop being so PC and just get on with their damn lives!

And Kiss still makes albums with the SS symbol at the end of their logo, except their albums in Germany have to have a standard S. Not that they intended to have it represent anything to do with the Nazi SS, it just looks cool.

[ March 13, 2004, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ESP is a bunch of pussies for doing that. They were some cool inlays on a Jackson [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] What`s next Jackson dropping the Iron Crosses? This PC shit and Suits of company versus company is a little disturbing. Hell, I am still very pissed off that Howard Stern was pulled off of the radio here in Pittsburgh,PA [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] PC bullshit [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

And I believe the Swastika was also a religious symbol around before Hitler, so...
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">exactly, altough if i remember good it was not a christian symbol. rather pre-christian ( viking stuff ) , it also symbolised fire yup ?

anyway i thought the dots were cooler looking on that [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Accept2:
                    Wusses........
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My thoughts exactly. Jeff's a WWII buff and collects old war medallions and relics. He's also German, not that it makes a big deal, though. Let's crucify a guy for having a hobby. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] And I believe the Swastika was also a religious symbol around before Hitler, so...

The world needs to stop being so PC and just get on with their damn lives!

And Kiss still makes albums with the SS symbol at the end of their logo, except their albums in Germany have to have a standard S. Not that they intended to have it represent anything to do with the Nazi SS, it just looks cool.
                    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wusses indeed!

It looks cool as hell and it's a big part of history! it's not like they're raising swastika flags or anything... it's just a symbol of an army division.

Comment

So we're all in agreement then? Good. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

ok guys the swastika is asian, loooooooooong before germans and vikings. possibly the oldest religious symbol in the world, it has been found on artifacts going back as much as 10,000 years. they're all over the place in japanese and korean temples. it's a good luck symbol in many places (it's well known hitler was extremely superstitious, and you could say the nazis had a really good winning streak going for a while). also means the place where all things meet or all is possible.
                        here's a pic of a post card from 1907
                        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Accept2:
                          Wusses........
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And I believe the Swastika was also a religious symbol around before Hitler, so...
                          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Swastika is originally the symbol of Indian god of sun.

And, SS before WWII represented two bolts of Thor in Nordic mithology.

Personally I wouldn't consider that much about this SS symbol on an ESP, since my guitar doesn't have any symbol that I don't like. If Hanneman likes it, than ok.

But praising Hitler and his idea just because Hanneman is German is bullshit for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
                            Wusses........
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And I believe the Swastika was also a religious symbol around before Hitler, so...
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Swastika is originally the symbol of Indian god of sun.

And, SS before WWII represented two bolts of Thor in Nordic mithology.

Personally I wouldn't consider that much about this SS symbol on an ESP, since my guitar doesn't have any symbol that I don't like. If Hanneman likes it, than ok.

But praising Hitler and his idea just because Hanneman is German is bullshit for me.
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Who the hell is praising Hitler?!? It was pointed out that Jeff is German. So what? He's not a Nazi and doesn't praise Hitler either. Germany seems to think it's okay to sensor the Kiss logo on their albums because they're afraid and don't want to be portrayed as a "Nazi" country. I can see where they're coming from and that they don't want to offend, but they need to stop being so PC and just get on with the events in their life and stop worrying about the past. What's done is done, so just move on with life and don't forget the past.
                            What cracks me up is that my ex-wife's family was part German. My mother-in-law didn't want her telling people they were German. Why? What the hell is wrong with German people? Nothing. Be proud of your heritage and who you are and stop worrying about what some psycho did hundreds of years ago, as it's not a reflection on how German people are.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

good thread...interesting move on esp's part, but the history of the SS on this forum is a lot better than what i got from the big discussions on ESP's Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X