I Just Bought My Least Expensive Guitar Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Just Bought My Least Expensive Guitar Ever

I've got smaller hands and have no problem with any neck or scale length. The Carvin neck-thrus have a 1 11/16" nut with a 25" scale, and the necks are the same feel and shape pretty much as the Charvel Model 6 and Model 5A I had. My Carvins are 2001 and 2002 models. The Bolts, the 7-strings and the Holdsworths have 25.5" scales, and the Holdsworth has the biggest, flattest fingerboard radius at 20".
    I know as of recently they've made the profiles a tiny bit thicker (a little rounder, but people have said they don't feel much of a differene) and they've also now got a compound fingerboard radius.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Re: I Just Bought My Least Expensive Guitar Ever

Originally posted by toejam:
      I've got smaller hands and have no problem with any neck or scale length. The Carvin neck-thrus have a 1 11/16" nut with a 25" scale, and the necks are the same feel and shape pretty much as the Charvel Model 6 and Model 5A I had. ...
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well the bolts are 1 11/16th, which is 1.68 inches, like standard strats, but the DC neck-thru series are "1.71" wide @ nut, 2.22" wide @ 24th fret" (straight from their web site). That's .03 inches wider, and I can definitely feel a difference when I play them. No big deal, but it just feels a bit odd. I can handle scale differences (24 3/4, 25 and 25.5") easier than the wider fret board. The last time I visited a Carvin shop was about 1 1/2 years ago, so I haven't yet tried the new slightly-thicker neck back profile yet.

Comment

Working...
      X