Project Dave Murray-ish Strat PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project Dave Murray-ish Strat PICS

Very cool [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Yeah that ebay guys had that up 2 times now, it didnt sell the 1st time... i wonder why hehe

Comment

'Cause it's a freaking Squier. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I don't care if Dave Murray's semen is mixed in with the paint... it's still a Squier. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

No, seriously, that Fender trem worries me. I don't know what it's like or how it plays, and I've only ever seen it on those Fender Performers (or whatever they were called).

Comment

pretty close and looks beautiful

dave has a blade switch and a single coil in the middle.

probably an hs2 but not sure.

great job though
          ~JW
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

oh yeah and a chrome floyd
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Very nice! And for the record, Davey did play some H-H configured Fender strats, but the black and white one he got photographed most with in the 80s was H-S-H. Now he plays single coil hot-rails and it just doesn't look right. Only Adrian is still rocking with a real humbucker in the bridge.

Comment

that squier murray is freaking perfect for a maiden cover band.

Comment

Do the hot rails capture the early 80's sound from the albums? I'm looking for more "The Number of the Beast" sound and don't want rout for a HB in the bridge.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Stutka, that's hot. I love it! Not really a Maiden freak, but my first strat was '74, black w/white guard, maple board. The neck warped and twisted on it bad enough that I gave it to a kid down the street who thought it was cool anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker:
                      Do the hot rails capture the early 80's sound from the albums? I'm looking for more "The Number of the Beast" sound and don't want rout for a HB in the bridge.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They work, but Hot Rails tend to be a bit harsh in the bridge position. You might look into a Seymour Duncan JB Jr, or the Tone Zone S (which is newer but getting good reviews).

Comment

Rumor has it that Murray's 57 Strat was previously owned by Paul Kossof of Free.
                        From all the video and photograph footage of the guitar, it always had H-S-H pups, Dimarzio Super Distortions both neck and bridge, and I think the middle single coil was a dummy pickup. As a matter of fact, the bridge humbucker was angled during the early years (iron maiden and killers era) and was straightened around NOTB. The guitar was equipped with a vintage style trem, but after looking at a picture of the guitar from the Powerslave tour, it looked as if it had another trem and a locking nut, definitely not a Kahler (his 62 black strat had a Kahler with the same pickups, this strat had a the rosewood board) but maybe an early Floyd Rose or a Rockinger? The tremolo bar appearred to be longer than the typical vintage trem arm.

Anyone have any input on this?

Comment

Working...
                        X