Project Dave Murray-ish Strat PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Dave Murray-ish Strat PICS

Here are the pics of the Dave Murray style strat I pieced together. On this guitar are parts from FirebirdV, *eleven*, and Charvel750. The guitar has a '91 Fender American Standard body and trem, Warmoth birdseye neck, 2 Dimarzio DP 100's with chrome rings, 2 Volume, 3 way Switchcraft selector, Sperzel lockers. I wired it and (Chris)FirebirdV did the setup. Chris' buddy Jim slotted the nut for me. While not an exact replica of Daves' '57 strat, I feel it kinda captures a bit of the Murray vibe.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Re: Project Dave Murray-ish Strat PICS

I like it [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Very nice! I always wanted a Murray Strat.

Comment

oh yeah and a chrome floyd
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There was no Floyd on the black Strat that he used in the early years. And yeah, I know it is not exact and was not meant to be. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Thanks for the compliments. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Good job Scott!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I think on the 57 strat he added a Kahler around the Live After Death stuff. He had another black one with a Floyd.

Comment

I was using my 1982 tour program as a "rough" reference. (yes, I am old and saw them on the # of the Beast tour, in NYC) Back then he had a vintage trem on the 57. I saw no advantage, from a players perspective, in changing the 2 post over to 6 screw, since it is not a dead on copy.
              Scott

Comment

That is awesome! Love that birdseye neck. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I never understood why Dave had pickup rings on a pickguard. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                  That is awesome! Love that birdseye neck. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I never understood why Dave had pickup rings on a pickguard. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Personally, I just think they look better. Humbuckers(IMO) look "lost" without the ring in pickguards. I must admit though, in some applications where the humbucker is directly mounted by itself in the body of a trans-finish guitar, it looks pretty nice.

Dave->
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

It looks great (in person too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] !) I gotta say that it sounded really sweet too. If Scott ever wants to sell it I get first dibs!

Comment

Chris:
                      If Scott ever wants to sell it I get first dibs!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You got that right, bro!
                      Scott

Comment

looks very good... can you get a good murray esque sound out of it? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Theres a guy in the USA whos made a pretty exact copy on eBAY of a dave murray strat circa live after death::

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=47070

I had a black strat with floyd rose and dimarzio pickups too, but with a rosewood scallopped neck... it was swart but more shred than maiden [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Those strats are 200 to 250 all day long! just throw in some humbuckers and try to get 500! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] What a racket!

Comment

C'mon man, it's got a D. Murray pick super glued to the headstock!!! Easily worth the $500. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Scott

Comment

Hmm, I was under the impression that Dave's black Strat had DiMarzio Super Distortion pickups in both the neck and bridge positions and he left the middle single coil stock... but I could be TOTALLY off.

Comment

Working...
                              X