Bought my first tele...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought my first tele...

Not the one I bought, but the same model, and a better pic...

Go ahead, start huckin' rocks at me... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Re: Bought my first tele...

Yeah, that'd look sweet with a Bengal [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I actually wouldn't mind one of those.........for my daughter! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd play it. It's a guitar. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool! I've only recently started to appreciate Teles, and have just got my first one too!

It's exactly the same as this one here

I was surprised at how hot the pickups are. It's standard Fender Japan stuff, but it's got way more balls than a Strat with single-coils.
          Bloody hard work to play, though...

Comment

I like the vintage bridge. The finish is a little to "light on its feet" for me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] but you know what they say... "whatever blows your skirt up"!!
            [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nah man, that's the manliest finish ever, next to the pink paisley. You HAVE to be very, very secure in your guyitude to be able to be seen in public with one of those. Besides that, it makes people go "Dude, what the fuck?" which is ALWAYS a good response. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

In case it isn't clear, I like it. I think it would look better with a rosewood board, but I'll take it. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

so um, how do you like it? i've always liked that shape...

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I have a 99 US Nashville Tele, and I think there is nothing quite as nice as that 2nd postion.

Tele's are cool.

Shawn
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:

sully
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hasn't made it's way to me just yet. I tried one out at a local music store and dug it, so I'm sure it will be about the same. The only thing I'm really worried about are the shared intonation/bridge pieces... E/A, D/G, and B/E share the same 'saddle/barrel'. So if I really like it, a bridge change will be in order.

It's totally different from everything else I have, which is why I got it. Besides, for the price, I don't think you can beat a japanese strat or tele.

Pete

Comment

that is a cool axe. i'd be seen with it. no problem. tele's are cool, flowers and all. it's almost kinda hendrixy.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

TELE'S RULE!!! Check it...
                        [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] http://www.greyhoundsandguitars.com/collections.htm

Comment

hey tick tn, nice to have another greyhound owner here...here's mine:

Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

TOO CUTE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jsullysix:

sully
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hasn't made it's way to me just yet. I tried one out at a local music store and dug it, so I'm sure it will be about the same. The only thing I'm really worried about are the shared intonation/bridge pieces... E/A, D/G, and B/E share the same 'saddle/barrel'. So if I really like it, a bridge change will be in order.

It's totally different from everything else I have, which is why I got it. Besides, for the price, I don't think you can beat a japanese strat or tele.

Pete
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Man, the barrel bridge is what MAKES the tele sound! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

You're dead on with your comment about MIJ Fenders, though. You can get an MIJ '52 RI with EXACTLY the same specs as the US Vintage '52 for about half the price from Ishibashi, and it's likely higher quality, too. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X