oh my f***ing god

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: oh my f***ing god

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Now this is a funny thread.

Hey, I'll admit that when Linkin Park and Godsmack first came out I thought they were the shit. Of course, things have changed for better since then. At least Godsmack and Korn and all that crap got me interested in metal. All the music I used to like got me where I am today, which I'm proud of.

What difference does it make if the kid's guitar is a Gibson Zakk Wylde? Even if his Parents bought him the guitar, at least he got one kick ass guitar! I had to work like hell to get all my guitars, which include:

kinda crappy Jackson DR-3
    crappy ass fender acoustic
    really crappy shitty ass Peavey Bass
    far more crappy shitty ass Ibanez RG
    fuckin crappy as fuckin fuck Peavey strat

And all for what, me growing into a hard working responible dude? Not worth it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .

Comment

man who cares what the kid plays? if you want to make fun of him do it because hes fat and ugly and has horrible taste in music

im 16 and most of my friends have bought their own guitars... including $3500 les paul, and usa jacksons
      if you want something its not THAT hard to make money... this summer i worked under the table at a moving company sometimes at 14 hours a day, my parents have never paid for any of my gear except for picks, strings, etc

then again i live in a really rich town (though im not) and i know kids whos parents spend thousands on gear for them

personally i dont think its matters how you get what you want....if you want to be seriously jealous of a 15 year old with a guitar theres much more things to be jealous of in this life, lol

Comment

Originally posted by stsk:
        this summer i worked under the table at a moving company sometimes at 14 hours a day...
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'd prefer one's parents to purchase gear if the other option is employers engaging in illegal employment practices.

Comment

well actually i made my mom get me the job and i only worked 2-3 days a week, and it was only 14 hours when we were moving stuff at this huge ass office building

plus it was a pretty fun job and i found some cool stuff too that i got to keep

Comment

I see nothing wrong with being paid under the table for a low-wage job like moving furniture. Moving office furniture sucks ass. I've been there, I've done that, I can write a book about it.
            Add to that the fact you're working 14 hours even for one day and it sucks even more, so piss on the IRS if they miss out on some taxes - if they won't try harder to kick the lazy wh0res off welfare to make them get out and contribute to the tax system, then they deserve to be cheated out of every cent they can be cheated out of.

And yes, it's disturbing to see a 15 year old with a ZW LP, regardless of who bought it, but as was stated previously - if he's a good enough player for it, that's fine, he's worked for it in that respect. Plus, if he worked for the money, it's his money. If his parents bought it for him, then they're either incredibly stupid or incredibly generous.

At least it's not a Stephen Carpenter ESP, a Blink182 Strat, a Korn Ibenhad, or a Mustaine DV8. It shoulda been a Jackson, yes, but oh well.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

14-hour work days for 16 year-olds is a violation of the New Jersey state child labor laws. Violations can net said employer a cool 18 months in prison.

Add in tax fraud (not only to the IRS, but to the Social Security Administration and whatever taxing agencies the state of New Jersey has) and you've got one heck of a model company.

And I'm pretty sure the IRS doesn't administer the welfare program.

Comment

Originally posted by dryice5150:
                (pic here, of a fat ugly kid w/ creed posters in the background)
                Hometown: westfield, ma
                guitar: gibson zakk wylde custom les paul
                song i've been playing: ac/dc hells bells, and blink 182's "letting go"
                gear i most want: marshall mf350

anybody find it fucked up that a kid thats 15, playing pop punk has a fucking gibby zakk wylde custom shop
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well I did a quick web search and found your picture:

All of a sudden the kid in Guitar World isn't so funny looking [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The kid has a cool guitar and likes AC/DC - that's alright by me. Don't whine about it, go get yourself a cool guitar and listen to some AC/DC.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by mulder1966:
                  My first guitar was a Les Paul. If I started playing on a POS guitar, maybe I would have quit. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I don't think we should burn on that kid just because he has a nice guitar, (maybe he will stay out of trouble because he's at home practicing) [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is why I bought my 8 year old his first guitar. Hopefully I can get him interested in something now that will keep him out of trouble later. Oh and its a Jackson too.

Don

Comment

for what its worth ... its not a guitar but i owned a harley ( 58 sporty chopper) when i was 16, bought it from a biker friend of mine and worked ass off for the guy to pay for it and when not working i was building the bike ( it came in boxes) point here is if you want it bad enough you will find a way to get it.

Comment

Working...
                    X