oh my f***ing god

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh my f***ing god

ok i dont know where to post this but anybody get the new guitar world? what a bullshit issue, dave mustaine is fucking 19?! and jason becker is like 40? and alex skolnick is in the 50's or 60s! what bullshit

but the thing that really fucking got to me is the, "defenders of the faith column" this colum shows a pic of users and tells a few things bout them.

this is one that was featured in this months guitar world

(pic here, of a fat ugly kid w/ creed posters in the background)
    Hometown: westfield, ma
    guitar: gibson zakk wylde custom les paul
    song i've been playing: ac/dc hells bells, and blink 182's "letting go"
    gear i most want: marshall mf350

anybody find it fucked up that a kid thats 15, playing pop punk has a fucking gibby zakk wylde custom shop

Re: oh my f***ing god

^^you do realise that the Gibson Zakk Wylde custom is not a custom guitar right? It's the LP model.

Comment

It's still a very high end guitar. I've never owned a guitar that expensive.

Maybe if he had the Epiphone version, it wouldn't seem so over-the-top.

Comment

Even the Epi version is expensive. Spoiled brat. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Give me a fucking break. I'll listen to a thousand fucking Creed and Blink 182 records before a fucking Ratt album crosses my threshold. I'm pretty sure that while you were sitting in your bedroom jamming out on "Cum on Feel the Noize" there was someone laughing at you because you didn't play REAL music, like Cream and Zeppelin.

And of course you're assuming that he didn't buy the guitar his damn self. Believe it or not, there ARE 15 year olds that get off their ass and get jobs to pay for shit they want. When you don't have to pay for food, rent, utilities, or any other bullshit it's pretty fucking easy to save up that much money.

No, I don't find it fucked up that he has this stuff and playes what he does. I say it's fucking good for him. He does what he wants to. How the fuck is that EVER fucked up?

Comment

wow try some fiber in your diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
              And of course you're assuming that he didn't buy the guitar his damn self. Believe it or not, there ARE 15 year olds that get off their ass and get jobs to pay for shit they want. When you don't have to pay for food, rent, utilities, or any other bullshit it's pretty fucking easy to save up that much money.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">32 weeks at $6 an hour, 20 hours a week for a Gibson Zakk Wylde at AMS prices.

Of course, it would be hard for a 15 year old to work twenty hours a week in Massachusetts for an entire year, as the Commonwealth has laws that limit the number of hours 14 and 15 year olds can work. These rules limit total weekly hours to 18 hours, and further break down to a limit of 3 hours per day on a school day (with 8 hour days permissible on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays).

Personally, I did save up and purchase guitars all the time when I was in school and working at a hamburger restaurant, but I would not have had the discipline to save up the kind of money it would take to buy a Gibson Zakk Wylde.

Comment

Oh, and I like Blink 182. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I understand that you guys prefer the crazy guitar riffs and solos, but those solos have never made the "song."

It's hard for me to explain. Like a person that doesn't play guitar can hear a song and like it for what it is even though its not technical. But someone that can play insanley hears that same song and bashes it.

i dunno...

Comment

Originally posted by RP:
                    Personally, I did save up and purchase guitars all the time when I was in school and working at a hamburger restaurant, but I would not have had the discipline to save up the kind of money it would take to buy a Gibson Zakk Wylde.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Damn straight. I'm 20, and I've been working my summer job 40 hours a week, every week for the duration of a summer break, for the past three summers. Besides paying for university textbooks, my money gets saved (I'm a stingy-saving kinda person) until I find guitar stuff I want. I've only been playing guitar for three years and I already have all this stuff that people think I wouldn't "deserve". I work hard, save hard, and occasionally spend my money on some guitar stuff. It's no different from the kids buying themselves cars or expensive "bling-bling". I am good at my job and I am happy with the money I earn. At least kids are working and not panhandling on the streets or anything.

Comment

Maybe his mommy bought him the guitar.... [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Brad

Comment

Or maybe ya'll ought to quit reading Guitar World.

Comment

[img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Black Mariah, am I reading this wrong or did you just post that:

"I'll listen to a thousand fucking Creed and Blink 182 records before a fucking Ratt album crosses my threshold".

I won't comment. I just need to know what you mean by the above statement.

Comment

He wasn't born when Ratt were around; therefore, they have no relevance to him.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X