Frehley Washburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frehley Washburn

Ed Roman is the only one who makes fakes that I know of............

Comment

DON'T pull the auction until you get the money in your account. Good chance you'll be wasting your time and effort. I got burned on that one a while back.

Actually, I'd like to have that guitar but I've got my sights set on another at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by tick_tn:
        And...do I give out the entire serial number to someone who is asking about bidding on it. Only reason I question it, from what I have heard, there is a guy out there making repro's of these guitars. Do you think he just wants my serial number to put on the back of a fake?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why would someone make a fake of a $1000 guitar? It would cost more in time and effort than you could sell it for!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimi D:
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why would someone make a fake of a $1000 guitar? It would cost more in time and effort than you could sell it for! [/QB][/QUOTE]

Because Ed only wants guitars made by the white race. If he plays a guitar made by a "dirty jap" his buddies with the white hoods may have to lynch him.............

Comment

Just a quick update...Sold it on the bay. Now, Guitar World mag is running it as their 'cool ebay sighting of the month' for February...

Comment

You let it go to cheap bro.. I bet you could have gotten a ton more for it. That guitar will be worth 5k-6k range in the near future. It is one of the better investments regarding guitars. Kiss fans really drive the market up on niche and rare items.

Comment

I doubt very much you could get 5 or 6 grand for it. Its an import with a bolt neck. It wasnt even used by Ace, and he even says it sounds like shit. I hope it gets that valuable though, because if it ever does, then my Gibson Ace Frehley will be worth many multiples of that..............

Comment

Gasp! You had your wife killed?

Oh... You mean out to dinner or something... I get it...

[img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

I have been collecting Kiss memorabilia since 78,(we just called them toys then [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ), and there is no way that guitar would ever bring 5-6k. Even signed it would not be worth that much.

I'm glad you sold it, but don't look back with regret later on and think you could have gotten more for it. I'm not sure who told you it would be worth that in the first place - but they were on crack. The only Ace guitar that will ever be worth that much is the Custom Shop LE, and that was a run of only 300.

That guitar has a few important things going against it as far as collectability:

3) It was an import by Washburn
                    2) Ace hated it
                    1) Most importantly, it was from his non-makeup era. If he had played it when he was in Kiss and they still had the makeup on, it might be a different story. Even then I'm not sure it would ever be worth 5-6k. That's a huge stretch.

Comment

No regrets here....It paid for my PC-1 Koa and gave me a little extra to take the wife out ! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[/QUOTE]Why would someone make a fake of a $1000 guitar? It would cost more in time and effort than you could sell it for! [/QB][/QUOTE]

I guess this link answers THAT question...
                        http://www.edromanguitars.com/guitar..._lightbolt.htm

Comment

Working...
                        X