Frehley Washburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frehley Washburn

With a couple recent purchases looming on my cc, I am considering unloading my Red/Black Frehley Washburn from the mid-late 80's (Rock Soldiers era). - If you want to see what it looks like, you can see a pic of one on Roman's site on the Washburn page.
    In looking on the bay, other forums and other places on-line, I can't seem to get a feeling for how much I can get out of this thing. Anybody have any clue? Thanks in advance from a chronic lurker.

Re: Frehley Washburn

$750US - 1200US on Ebay, although recent ones have been having trouble breaking 900............

Comment

Aren't the red/black ones a little more rare than the white/black ones?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Its debatable. The catalogues featured both color schemes, but Ace used the silver one, so it went in all the ads, and videos with him. I think thats why some people think the reds are rarer.............Regardless, its still a black guitar, whether it comes with a red bolt or a silver bolt is pretty much irrelevant. Its not like its a car with a choice of a V8 or a V12...........

Comment

They had silver bolts, too? The one catalog I had showed it only with a white bolt. There was also an old red RRV model in there with the triple pickup, too. I've gotta see if I can dig that catalog out now, I know it's around here somewhere.

Comment

Oops, catalogue showed white and red. But, yes they had them with a metallic silver bolt as well...........

Comment

Hmm, never seen the silver one. And I know the catalog I have doesn't even picture the red one. I may have an older catalog. I always thought those were cool, especially with the Washburn Wonderbar system. I almost bought a white Washburn Les Paul/Tele shape with Wonderbar as my first guitar. I should have went with that over the Kramer 600ST.

Comment

They were in 2 different catalogues, I believe, for I guess 2 different years. The first shows the white alongside the RR40, the second shows the red and the white. I think silver looked the best. If I ever get a silver one, I will pick it up and say, "You loooook marvalous."........

Comment

always loved those guitars....i don't think i have to say why. but yeah, i've seen em go for between 900-1200, but mainly around 900. it's definitely a guitar i'd love to have.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Personnally, I always pointed at that guitar as an easy way to tell how badly Ace's drinking was screwing up his judgement (and probably his eyesight too!) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for all the great input folks! If you are interested in it, email me. It will probably be hitting the bay next week sometime (around the same time that my PC1 arrives!).

john

Comment

ok. I need some more advice. a guy calls me about my auction on the Ace guitar. Says that there must be something wrong with it, since the red one's usually go for $5-6,000. Where can I go to find out what the crap this thing is worth...

Thanks again for all here who help..

Comment

The guy who contacted you is on serious drugs. There is one on Ebay right now, and it sure as shit wont get to $5,000.........Unless of course there is a scam out there with shill bidders..........

Comment

Originally posted by Jimi D:
                            Personnally, I always pointed at that guitar as an easy way to tell how badly Ace's drinking was screwing up his judgement (and probably his eyesight too!) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">he actually had very little to do with it...if you remember the rudy sarzo washburn bass, it's the exact same body shape, but with a lightning bolt on it. ace didn't care for his much, and quickly abandoned them.

the person who said 5-6k is probably a kiss collector; they're used to getting fleeced on kiss related stuff.

you could always put a 5k BIN on it, ya know?

sully
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2:
                              The guy who contacted you is on serious drugs. There is one on Ebay right now, and it sure as shit wont get to $5,000.........Unless of course there is a scam out there with shill bidders..........
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That one on the bay now is mine...not sure if i should pull it and try to fing that $5k collector out there, or just let it go...And...do I give out the entire serial number to someone who is asking about bidding on it. Only reason I question it, from what I have heard, there is a guy out there making repro's of these guitars. Do you think he just wants my serial number to put on the back of a fake?

Comment

Working...
                              X