Ok ... I'm serious now.. G.A.S. attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok ... I\'m serious now.. G.A.S. attack

Yup.. I saw it.. and there is one identical to it as well on the Bay... except it has a pointy headstock.. I'm watching it...

I will probably go in for the kill if the price stays low enough.

[ February 06, 2003, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: Word ]

Comment

I think Word has a problem, fortunately we don't need an intervention for this kind of problem. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

"indentical"??

oh, you kids and yer crazy made-up words [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
          Weight isn't a problem. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'm a big guy.. and I can take it.

If you do ever want to sell it though... you know who to contact.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Okay, I'll definitely remember that. I go back and forth on whether to sell it, but when I look at it, I'm like "Nah...I think I'll just hang on to it." Anyway, hope you find that elusive Carvin with the Jackson headstock you've been talking about forever.
          Dana <~~~
          '85 Rhoads Custom
          '86 SD Str*t
          '86 Model 4 (5)
          '87 Model 1
          '87 Model 6
          '88 Model 3DR
          '90 650 XL
          '94 KE-3
          '97 DR Amberburst
          '97 Dinky BOFlames
          '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

I am looking at Carvins very seriously now. Wouldn't it be possible to have Carvin just build you one with a pointy headstock? There customs aren't too expensive...especially compared to big company names. I was actually wondering if they would make the pointy headstock if you asked them to. If anyone knows please answer.

Comment

Already asked. They told me to go ask Jackson! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

haha. Besides the over 1000 dollar price range i'm sure you as a 14 year old and me as a 15 year old have a umm.. lot of choice. lol. I'm still gonna get a Carvin for the awesome price and i always hear good things about them. Im not sure if they will do the DC125 for me. If you have seen the Metal Method courses Doug Marks uses some in different colors. I would also be interested in a DC727 custom. I will put down for sure ideas when I can get the money.

Comment

I believe Carvin will still make a DC125 if you ask them for it. It's not in their regular options list, though. It's not that big a deal, really--just a single pickup DC127.

As far as the pointy-head Carvins go, they only made the really pointy ones for a couple of years, 1988-89, I think. They went to a slightly less pointy version in 90-91 and then to more or less the current headstock in 92 in order to accommodate the straight string pull required to make the Sperzel/Wilkinson combination stay in tune.

Comment

I still find it kind of silly that they wouldn't make a pointy headstocked guitar... I even told them that cost wouldn't be a problem and they still said no! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok, I have been wondering as I'm a Becker fan for a few years, I just got the instructional video not to long ago. Was the blue Carvin pointy hs that Jason plays in Japan with Cacaphony a model that Carvin actually manufactured? or was it a one of a kind? The guitar is almost a cross between a Les Paul and a strat, the heel is very thick where the neck joins the body.

Comment

I think after I manage to get a 6 and 7 string from them I wanna get a 5 string fretless bass. Those look so nice. I played bass 3 years before I picked up the guitar. But recently I am playin more bass. In fact its in my arms as I am typing this. When I started I used a pick (yuck), so now i'm going back and learning with my fingers.

Comment

The one I'm thinking of has the maple neck thats not painted save for the HS, which if I recall is blue.

It believe it's a dot inlay. The neck has a very pronounced hump, but it almost looks as though it's a neck thru, even tho I'm leaning that it is not.. it's either set in or a bolt on, but without seeing the back close, it's difficult to tell.

Comment

Dude, it's neck thru.

Comment

Yeah, I re-read it.. IC IC. thanks. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X