B.C. Rich Gunslinger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B.C. Rich Gunslinger?

MountainDog: I would go as far as to say they're pretty rare. I've seen a grand total of 3 so far. Vixen's guitar player had one with a Rosewood fingerboard, the one on eBay without the matching headstock and mine.

Comment

Troy your is also one of the few GSs ive seen with a tone knob

Comment

That tone knob was a Les Paul type toggle switch when I owned it. I think it may have been there for coil splitting, but I never took it off to see if it was an original hole or not...Troy?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] And he's right - don't try to keep the damn thing in your bedroom 6 feet away from your bed - it keeps you awake... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I had 5 Gunslingers at one time - all were graphics, and I got all of them for $500 or less. They are THE best guitar you'll find in that price range - especially if you're looking for the vintage San Dimas feel without the San Dimas price.

Comment

no doubt about it, they same goes for the ST-3's great guitars & the price is right used 300-600 now thats SWEET for a USA guitar. just watch out the older ones had a thinner neck to headstock area & was prone to cracking between the locknut bolts as do alot of tilt back headstocks from those yrs. & i think Troys looks like a thinner one.

Comment

Yea, I had noticed to, pretty wild.

Comment

Hmmm.I may be wrong..but I owned one and it wa crap..JAP GUNSLINGER...think it was a OUTLAW?..came out same time as WARLAW..not series on headstock, just said BC Rick..older NJ style headstock..single locking Floyd Type trem, Emg SELECT (crap)..one knob..green crackle

Comment

My Gunslinger is one of the first "Class Axe" Models ('90?) and it's a great guitar. I've owned and played many of the older "original" ones and they are AWESOME! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I've got one I ordered new with a custom graphic (of my own design!)in '89...was going to order a Jackson, but I was in high school at the time, and didn't have THAT much cash! I don't have any pictures on my hard drive, but this is my actual body after Dan Lawrence painted it!

http://www.gmwguitars.com/graphics/g30.jpg

I thought it was a one-of-a-kind, until I saw the JJ in the Custom Shop archives with the same one...
                  I've never played a San Dimas, so I can't compare the two, but I love the unfinished neck on the Gunslinger!

Comment

I had a Nagel one. Maple 22, I put an OFR and a Jb in it. Great guitar for any money,way underpriced. I broke the neck when my old singer step back from our homemade pryo. I still have pics somewhere. And I have him on video tape steeping on the neck.We used to tape all our shows. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    www.kiddhavok.com
                    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Jamie: The sCaryFace is an '89 and my Sticker Graffitti one is an '84. The type of stand I was using might be playing tricks on your eyes... The Neck to Headstock area is NOT thin, and furthermore, there are NO signs of cracking what-so-ever.

Comment

VERY COOL
                        Troy if u ever want to get rid of the sticker one LMK thats ones does have the thinner neck tho?....& SKIDD whats the chance U still have that body & might want to sell it, ive a got a SWEET neck that would be killer on that.

Comment

Jaime,I sold the whole thing to a local guy,he had it fixed. It played nice but for some reason it never sounded the same.
                          www.kiddhavok.com
                          www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

they never do one of mine had a small crack so i had it repaired it didnt sound the same so i smashed it & put a custom tele headstock neck on it.

Comment

Jamie: Not 100% sure on the Sticker's Neck Pocket, but I'll check on it when I get home (At Work now). It sure feels the same as the other one though. I very seriously doubt you'd pay the money for tha Sticker one. I'd probably need to get about $450 + Shipping on it.

Comment

Here's the last one I had.

5A flame top over a Mahogany body. Stringthru(because I had the body blank, I could do whatever I wanted with it as far as configuration)
                                This axe played like a dream, but I gave it up because str*t bodied guitars just ain't my thang anymoe.

Comment

Working...
                                X