NGD- Grover Jackson BCR 'Slinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD- Grover Jackson BCR 'Slinger

Scored this sweet number last week. This is something of a departure for me as I'm a dyed-in-the-wool 24 + fret type. I've let go of at least 8- 9 guitars over the years merely because they had only 22 frets. Including numerous USA, MIJ & MIM Charvel pro mod San Dimas.

But I've always been smitten with the aesthetics of the Gunslinger and the MIK Retro I owned for a year or so was really badass. So, when this USA Grover Jackson-made 'Slinger popped up on Reverb, I threw in a low ball offer and the seller accepted!

This should hopefully have the mojo- All my preferred options: real deal OFR, 2 H config, jumbo frets, gorgeous maple neck and board, reverse head stock and toggle switch.

I'll throw on a brass big block and some noiseless springs and this should be ready to tear heads off.

Just wish the seller had GTWGITS

Very nice! Congrats. I used to also have a MIK Retro that was really cool. I imagine the USAs are better.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've always had my eye on those. Do post a full review. They should have kept the slingers as high end USA models like these in my opinion, although I always found it a bit odd that GJ ghostbuilt them. The retail prices were absurd and they could have kept them more faithful to the originals, but they are cool nonetheless.

Comment

Nice!

These were built a few years ago. My SpiderSense™ tells me they were trying to bring production back to the USA and rely less on the BC South shop so they probably asked Grover to build for them. Pure speculation on my part. They also had Voodoo Guitars in Ohio ghost building as well. I played some of the Grover versions at NAMM when they were released. MSRP was hight but I see them used or NOS for very reasonable prices. Nice guitars!

Comment

It also looks like the Floyd is non-recessed with a pull-up route?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            It also looks like the Floyd is non-recessed with a pull-up route?
            Hmm. Nope, looks slightly recessed to me.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ah, okay. The first pic looked weird to me.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                I'll throw on a brass big block and some noiseless springs and this should be ready to tear heads off.
                BTW, how are those noiseless springs; do they really keep the reverb/overtone noise from happening?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  BTW, how are those noiseless springs; do they really keep the reverb/overtone noise from happening?
                  Honestly, I dunno. Never really was able to tell the difference between the noiseless and the stock ones. I use them more for their heavy duty characteristics than the noiseless.

Comment

Cool. I might have to get a set to try out. Not sure if I want the red heavy duty or the standard black noiseless.

Comment

Only red and black?? DAMN I sold my red strat. Those would match it perfectly. Of course I would still leave the trem cavity cover on. It would be my little coordinating secret under there. I just want to out-anal the next guy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          Only red and black?? DAMN I sold my red strat. Those would match it perfectly. Of course I would still leave the trem cavity cover on. It would be my little coordinating secret under there. I just want to out-anal the next guy.
                          Industry rumor has it that they're coming out with a pink version. Several other colors also being considered including taupe, mauve, Boysenberry, seafoam and eggshell.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                            Industry rumor has it that they're coming out with a pink version. Several other colors also being considered including taupe, mauve, Boysenberry, seafoam and eggshell.
                            So all the Charvel colors??? AWESOME!!!!
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

BTW - KILLER BCR!!!! I was really drooling over those when they came out. I remember seeing a natural finished one that really blew me away, but for whatever reason I never grabbed one. I might have to open my eyes again.....
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X