NGD... G&L Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD... G&L Legacy

2014 USA G&L Legacy. Vintage White, cream pickguard, satin neck finish, black pups and knobs/switch for that Ritchie Blackmore look. Nice G&G case, too.
    image1 (52).jpg
    G&L Legacy.jpg
    Legacy.jpgs-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpgs-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600.jpgs-l1600 (6).jpg
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

AWESOME Joseppi!! I love G&L !!! Best fuggin' basses ever made since the beginning of man...I owned them ALL including Eric Carmen's '76 Alembic Exploiter, Ken Smith, Pedulla, Rics..yada..we know the song. My cuz ordered one for me because nobody carries them around here. I guess I can always order them..but I have anxiety issues with that kinda shit.

I just met a dude tonight at Ty's DIO/Maiden tribute band that's selling me his USA white strat. He never plays it. SOLD! Tonight was one STRANGE night to say the least. I took the wife out and everything just fell in my lap..well..

My old best freind bought the very first one in our local music store. All black in '81/'82...he tore it apart and try to be like EVH with it. Yeah, he was my VH/trib guitarist..he even started smoking because Eddie did...these are facts.

I saw Alice in Chains open for VH at Blossom second row center. Everyone was out getting beer..gooing pee and shit. I was blown away to say the least. I was watching magick shit ..I was screaming like a chick, and they were going .."thank you"..to me. They left stage, everyone came in..the sound of a powerdrill came ..and all hell broke loose!

I had to share this at 3:30 in the morning..just for you Joe! Because I care..AWESOME guitar..HAIL LEO!!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

WOW!!!

Congrats, that looks awesome Toejam!!!

Comment

Thanks! This guitar is really nice, and I practically stole it for $775! I also got it shipped to my house in 1 day. Music Store Live in Vermont is awesome to deal with.

Plays great, has a 12" fingerboard radius, and the G&L trem works and stays in tune real nice. Has a pop-in bar with a tension set screw to adjust it.
        Its PTB (passive treble and bass controls) works really nice in getting all sorts of sounds. I'm not that crazy about the bridge pickup, as I usually prefer humbuckers, so I might swap it out for a Duncan Cool Rails or Little Screamin' Demon or something. The middle pickup has been pissing me off, as I seem to hit it a little bit with my pick, so I'll just have to lower it a little... or maybe I'll just put in a dummy pup like Blackmore did.

And these also have their necks and trems a little higher off the body, so fans of LPs or non-recessed Floyds will find this right up their alley.

Comment

Yeah I loved the g & l trem over the fender. The set screw is a bit of a pain though. They are just built so well. I might have to get a bluesboy.
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

The set screw is a little bit of a pain, having to use an allen wrench, but not that big of a deal. I like to have my bar swing a little, anyway.
            I never really cared for 6-screw V-type trems or even the newer two-point Fender trem, but the G&L really is so nice, a bigger, substantial unit. I've always loved Floyds, but this thing is great.

Comment

Cool. Is that a hard finish on the neck? G&L do a lot of oiled finishes on their necks which is nice. I used to have an ASAT beater. Mine had the plastic bridge which I didn't care for.

Comment

Yep, it's a satin finish on the neck. Feels pretty slick, very close to an oiled feel.

Comment

Looks like all you need to do is slam that middle pup and you're ready to Toejam "Smoke on the water" lol

Comment

Nice

Comment

i was never really a fan of G&L but never disliked them either. Build quality is great, now I understand why you bought it, $775 is a damn good price for an excellent guitar! Grats!
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Joe. I just lower the mid pup flush to the body on my strats. I always used to hit them too. They're clear of striking distance and even the most buried floppy-string dive-bomb. Then you still have the luxury to use it you wanna. I like it from time to time. It sounds even "jazzier" lowered flush..I think.

I love the NECKS..I never concerned myself about numbers and radiuses..C shape.. If it feels good , it is good. If it sounds good , it is good.

My old "friend" never liked the pup too..but I think he was just copying anything Eddie did really. He carved it out and tried every humbucker imaginable at that time. He was commited then, and prolly commited now in the psyche ward. GOD BLESS HIM !!!

I think the PUPs on the Swamp (heavy fuggin' ash) ash body were the selling point on those L-2000 basses..I knew how to get all the goods from it without thinking. I think Boxcar bought one long ago because I always go on about them. He went on to say.."what's all these switches for"..So I walked him thru Bassically. I think his bud bought a tribute model (nice) ..and then sold it. If I remember right.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Did you get the 1 11/16" nut? G&L likes to use the 1 5/8" nut quite a bit.

Comment

It's 1 5/8". I have a Hamer that's 1 5/8" also, so I'm used to it.

Comment

The other Charvel-ish feature G&L does a lot on strats is the rear-loaded controls. But you don't have that feature either. Cool guitar though.

Comment

Working...
                              X