Took a look at BCR customshop, and tried to gain some info
    And the only thing to appear different today, seems to be the ownership
    The outlandish pricing and mysterious place of origin
    Seem to have stayed exactly the same
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

DrumCity Guitarland had fair prices for the guitars back in the 2000s. List prices were high but street prices weren't bad. I got barely used ones during this time for very reasonable prices from individuals and dealers on eBay.

In the past few years the prices got out of control. At least the list prices were out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by Aso View Post
        After how Rico Jr. scammed so many people, I would never trust him with my money to build me a guitar.
        Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        Hm... didn't hear about that.
        Yep, apparently Jr. had a drug problem, attempted suicide, was admitted to a mental facility, and fucked over a lot of people. His business partner apparently screwed him over, too, while he was in the hospital. That guy is a fucking mess.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

.........and now the BC Rich Forum is dead and buried. That poor brand.

Comment

The Forum used to be run by BCR.

They shut it down then a fan opened up a new forum.

The guy running the fan forum died of a brain tumor a few months ago. Sad because there was a lot of good info on the forum. But because it was a BCR forum, there was usually dr

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
              The guy running the fan forum died of a brain tumor a few months ago. Sad because there was a lot of good info on the forum. But because it was a BCR forum, there was usually dr
              Yeah it turned into a ghost town towards the end but I miss the BCRPF. I bought and sold a few cool pieces there.

Comment

The story about Bernie Rico Jr scamming people at sevenstring. The thread has more than 5000 posts but worth reading if you have the time:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lut...s-ad-free.html

Comment

Yep the Mexican blanks were great much better than most. Same place they were using since the late 70s. And all the older hand mades had minor flaws and they were all slightly different. They were truly hand carved. Some of the handmades were actually CNC made the company has been a joke for a long time now. I stick to the old ones.

Comment

There's video of Rico Jr hanging out at the BCR booth this year at NAMM. Surprised somebody didn't hurt him or give him the RomanKick™.

Comment

I'm surprised they haven't all gotten together and sued his ass.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Apparently a lot of people called the cops and possibly some lawyers. Dunno if action has been taken. In reading the thread, sounds like a lot of IMMA KEEL HIM!!! But typing doesn't translate into action.

What's apparent is that guitars weren't delivered or were delivered in really crappy states. Then there were some possible forgeries.

My 100% speculation is that he took a ton of money in deposits, ate a lot of drugs and/or went crazy then shut down. I've talked to many builders and they all say the worst thing is to take large sums of money up front. It puts a ton of pressure on you and you inevitably crack. I'm also guessing the BC South guys were building for him (I'm 99% sure of this because of the look and feel and details of the guitars and because of some other clues) and something went down, maybe his going crazy, and he tried to "fix" some of the guitars or rush them out. Jr was never a builder. Maybe a set up guy, but not a builder.

Again, more and more drama.

Comment

Lol I still see unfinished black friday blanks pop up for sale in the local scene here in LA, his shop is only about 30 miles from where I live.

Comment

Maybe Rico Jr. should get together with Zakk Wylde and they can put out a "Scammer Special" ???

Those 2 were involved in the 2 biggest guitar scams/ripoffs I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                              Maybe Rico Jr. should get together with Zakk Wylde and they can put out a "Scammer Special" ???

Those 2 were involved in the 2 biggest guitar scams/ripoffs I can remember.
                              And you know Zakk isn't going to give his new guitars to the people that got scammed with the 357 customs deal. But most of his fans don't give a shit.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                                And you know Zakk isn't going to give his new guitars to the people that got scammed with the 357 customs deal. But most of his fans don't give a shit.

I still have those f'ing choppers just waiting for an opportunity to toss them on stage in front of the asshat!
                                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Working...
                                X