X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.C.Rich USA Custom Shop

I came across this: http://www.bcrichcustomshop.com/2/get-your-quote/

They sell directly to customers.

I mailed an inquiry for a Warlock model (bolt-on maple neck, alder body, body, neck and headstock binding, ebony fretboard, Tune-o-Matic bridge, 1 hum, 1 volume, solid white finish).

They want $3500 without shipping.

I don't think this is a reasonable price for a simple guitar like that. What's your opinion?

Has anyone else here ordered a custom guitar from them yet?

I wouldn't touch their CS stuff nowadays with all the ghostbuilding rumors and country of origin ambiguity and quality issues and outrageous pricing.

That being said, why a CS bolt-on Warlock? I'd go neck-thru all the way on that model.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      I wouldn't touch their CS stuff nowadays with all the ghostbuilding rumors and country of origin ambiguity and quality issues and outrageous pricing.

That being said, why a CS bolt-on Warlock? I'd go neck-thru all the way on that model.
      Well, I dread to imagine what a neck-thru model would cost then...

Comment

The neck-thru World Musical Instruments South Korea models are better in every way. There is no need for a "USA" BC Rich shop(which is often really in Mexico).

Comment

BC Rich USA is a joke shop now. They're now supposedly building out of Los Angeles now. You're paying for a purely CNC'd guitar, not true custom shop. Their prices are lower because it's a new shop that has really nothing to do with BC Rich except for the name. One of the people running the shop is an absolute douchebag... he was talking all kinds of disrespectful shit about Jackson and other brands while trying to pimp out his newly acquired brand name.

You're better off, and cheaper, ordering a Custom Select.

Avoid like the plague. And feel free to let them know this thread exists.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Although I'm dying to own a B.C.Rich custom built Warlock model I'm not willing to pay $3500+shipping for a bolt-on Custom Shop guitar.

So I think I'll take a pass on it for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmiceddie View Post
              Although I'm dying to own a B.C.Rich custom built Warlock model I'm not willing to pay $3500+shipping for a bolt-on Custom Shop guitar.

So I think I'll take a pass on it for the time being.
              But it's not a true Custom Shop guitar for $3500. It's out of the newly created Los Angeles shop they announced this latest NAMM. They're the equivalent of Jackson Custom Select or Carvin / Kiesel.

There's nothing wrong with a fully CNCd guitar, but charging $3500 for one is wrong.

Comment

well there is always his sons guitars, Bernie Rico JR.

Comment

Originally posted by AAEA View Post
                  well there is always his sons guitars, Bernie Rico JR.
                  Yes, I would certainly buy a Moser or Rico Jr over BC Rich without second thought.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    Yes, I would certainly buy a Moser or Rico Jr over BC Rich without second thought.
                    After how Rico Jr. scammed so many people, I would never trust him with my money to build me a guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Aso View Post
                      After how Rico Jr. scammed so many people, I would never trust him with my money to build me a guitar.
                      Hm... didn't hear about that.

Either way, I wouldn't buy a new US BC Rich. I would buy another Korean BC Rich though.

Comment

From what understand, there's a new BCR customshop in LA. Supposedly no more BC South/Pasaye shop.

Ron Estrada is the main luthier. They're doing handmade and I believe they will do CNC stuff in higher production numbers. So not all the guitars are CNC'd. I heard they are trying to keep the prices reasonable. I got a quote on a replica of Iommi's Ironbird for $3500. They are also going to use the right templates: MKI Ironbird body, for example.

I played 2 of the first new handmade ones at NAMM and they were damn near flawless. They also felt a bit different than the Pasaye made guitars.

I played some of the Voodoo made guitars at the last few NAMM shows and they were also super nice.

Would I buy one of these new ones? I'd have to play a few more. The ones I played gave me hope.

Personalities...dunno much about that. Other than there is a Cult of Douche around BCR and drama seems to follow that brand since forever.

Comment

I own four USA BC Rich guitars. Ordered and received a Custom Wave Supreme about ten years ago. Not current era and my four are from all over the place during and after Sr and Jr.

Comment

I collect the 1980s graphic usa made guitars by them. so far not paying more than $500 per guitar so no way I'm going to do a custom order. jackson is getting a bit pricey too with the master built.

waiting 1-2 years and paying 3-5k is not my idea of playing guitar. I buy bonds with terms like that.

for me picking it up and buying on the sport keeps the interest alive in the guitar. if I had to wait 2 years it might be old hat by then.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                              Hm... didn't hear about that.

Either way, I wouldn't buy a new US BC Rich. I would buy another Korean BC Rich though.
                              Huge thread over at Sevenstring.org about it. Get your popcorn because there's a lot to read.

Comment

Working...
                              X