Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay gettin bit by the acoustic bug...suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had and have many, many Taylors. I love their necks. They play the most like electrics to me. Purists will say their tone is thin, I say BS! Like Stray said, the 6 series are awesome live instruments. The maple back and sides cut through the mix great. I don't know much about the 1 series, but I'm sure the neck carve is standard. Enjoy, you can't go wrong with them.
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

For the price, Seagulls are really nice guitars buts you can't go wrong with a Taylor. My 414CE goes from stage to beach with no problems.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I really was digging on some of the real high end stuff to the t5z is an interesting crossover but I wanted something i can hang on the wall in the living room and if it gets some dings so be it. Not gonna intentionally mistreat it but its in the living room with kids etc.
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

I would say walking a GC or music store with a bunch of acoustics that are lower priced and find one that sounds good to your ears and buy it. Don't look at brands just grab every one and play them, Ibanez makes nice low priced acoustic and classicals that are $300 or under
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            I never buy electrics at the GC but I must say their acoustic room is great. I bought my Martin DC-16GTE there and love it.

They have the money to let $100k worth of inventory sit around in a special room.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
              They have the money to let $100k worth of inventory sit around in a special room.

Most places that really sell acoustics do. Its not hard to hit that number.
              "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

My Yamaha FG-435 is nice. Plays well and sounds good until I hear it next to my friend's Takamini. Totally different price point instruments though. Mine is laminated, his is not.

I do love going to GC's acoustic room and playing some of the 4 figure price tag guitars. Start playing Rainbow in the Dark and put the $4500 Martin back on the wall, "This one is crap."
                Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

I've had this bug lately too. I looked at a few classical and forgot how fat the necks are. lol. I stopped due to a combination of a pushy clerk(I have a sales guy that I always deal with for about 2 years now) and too many sharp fretends.

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                    Most places that really sell acoustics do. Its not hard to hit that number.
                    True. Easily true.
                    I was speaking more locally. My local GC doesn't even have that much worth of electrics (their main business). So, to have that much in acoustic is disproportionate.
                    I was also trying to emphasize the phrase 'sit around'. Most businesses need to sell product, not just display it.

Comment

How acoustic are you looking to get?

I ask because the Taylor t5z, while pricy, has a lot of good features for a mainly electric player.
                      I used to be a Ovation fan, but these are catching my attention.
                      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Flat I snagged a 114 but the T5Z is on my list and i hope to own one before the end of the year
                        Haters gonna hate

Comment

Took it all down and cleaned her up today. After a string change, some saddle mods, and a neck tweak i cant put it down.
                          Haters gonna hate

Comment

Nice.
                            It's on my short list too. Hopefully this year, but I'm waiting for a good AMS payment plan.
                            They were 12 pays around christmas, but I wasn't looking at that time.
                            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Itll be late in the year if I do it im tapped beyond belief right now trying to actually save some money this year more so than in the past
                              Haters gonna hate

Comment

Working...
                              X