ESP Eclipse II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad View Post
    That indeed looks like a run of the mill, vintage black, MIJ, Standard Series Eclipse II.
    And I am fine with run of the mill (unless there is a reason I shouldn't be?) even though I am not a fan of the VB. I just see so much garbage written that its hard to decipher what is what. Information Overload. BING.

I sent him a yes. So, it looks like I will soon be its new master.
    Now, if only I can find great deals like this on some old Grover-era Jackson guitars.

I love a good deal, but I also feel bad seeing people losing their jobs and needing to sell off their belongings to eat. But that's why we shouldn't spend every penny we have.
    I would never sell my guitars to buy food. My guitars can always get me meal. If I sell it, I eat once. If I keep it, I eat for a lifetime.

Comment

By run of the mill, I just meant standard production (not custom shop). Those are generally excellent, well made guitars.

Mind saying the $?

Comment

By run of the mill, I just meant standard production (not custom shop). Those are generally excellent, well made guitars.

Mind saying the $?
        I am not saying how much until the unit is actually mine. >>> I still think someone from here grabbed that Charvel after I posted about it! I even thought Lefty might not have been joking about buying it and was just going to part it out or something, because we all know he had no use for a right handed guitar.

Comment

Bring back the old logo, ESP.
          8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Originally posted by FloydRose4Prez View Post
            Bring back the old logo, ESP.
            I didn't like it at first either, but I've grown used to mine!

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I would REALLY like ESP to make the Sugizo models for sale in the US.

I've played a few 4 knobbers and they were all great guitars.

Comment

With some patience you can usually find non-US models here in the states. I bought a non-US Horizon on Ebay.

Or you can order direct from Japan. I wasn't familiar with the Sugizo models until I looked it up a few minutes ago. Looks like they are uber-expensive so a couple hundred or so for shipping from Japan shouldn't be too hard of a pill to swallow.

Comment

Mind saying the $?

Bought for $500. Already sold it for $800.

No, I didn't screw the guy over. Or maybe I did, but if I did it wasn't out of evil intentions.
                  He posted an ad saying he needed money, asking for 1300. I sent him saying I would do 500, even said I would do it 'today'. He didn't send me a rejection, he didn't respond at all. I mean, hey, I don't need another guitar but if someone has an urgent need for money, I have cash and don't want to see someone evicted or not being able to make bail. Right?
                  A week later he lowered the price. I replied saying that since so many emails go to the spam folder that I thought I would try again. He didn't respond.

A month after his original post, he had a price on it for 900. I had even tried a 3rd time. He finally got back to me and asked if I could do 650. At this time he lowered the ad to 700.
                  I replied with -a month ago, you may have been able to get me to do 650, but you tried to sell it for a month with no other takers. I am going to stick to my 500.

It took a couple days to get our schedule together (snow and ice), but I finally got it. And I happen to be in the right place at the right time because I bumped into someone who wanted it.
                  Last edited by pianoguyy; 02-11-2014, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Nice!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thats how you do it.
                      I do buy some ESP stuff if the price is right because I can sell it and make a little.LTD stuff I don't mess with generally.
                      I bought one of those at a Mom and Pop store for $625.00 out the door and flipped it to a friend for $875.00 a week later.
                      I never even played it other than in the store.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I buy every guitar with the hope that I will keep it forever and will never need to buy another. It just doesn't always work out that way. At least I have been on good behavior since I bought my LTD. The only one I bought since then was a neck-thru Ibanez, but only because it was part of a larger deal. And now I bought this one.

This one... well... the price was definitely right. I would have liked to have kept it a little while to see if I would have liked it. Maybe get it refinished since I hate aged-black and factory-yellowed white bindings.
                        But I would be a fool to:
                        1. not buy it for $500
                        2. not sell it for $800

Comment

How did it play?
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                            How did it play?
                            Didn't have it long enough to give a good review.
                            Played well enough that I knew it wasn't someone getting rid of their damaged goods or counterfeit junk.

Comment

Working...
                            X