NGD- Hamer Vector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    Both videos are the same. I really like the paint scheme on that.

Fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KpuxS8i1DI#t=13

Comment

Do you actually use the 23rd and 24th frets that often? I used to be a "It needs 24 frets" guy, but then I realized that I just don't play up there often enough to actually care anymore. I do like having 22 frets though. As long as I have A guitar with 24 frets I'm good. I just don't need all of them to have them.

Oh yeah, I'm also in to the paint job, I see it as Randy/MS/Buddy Guy hehe.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Looks fucking awesome to me - great score!!
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          Do you actually use the 23rd and 24th frets that often? I used to be a "It needs 24 frets" guy, but then I realized that I just don't play up there often enough to actually care anymore. I do like having 22 frets though. As long as I have A guitar with 24 frets I'm good. I just don't need all of them to have them.

Oh yeah, I'm also in to the paint job, I see it as Randy/MS/Buddy Guy hehe.
          Yeah I do... Probably don't use the 23d and 24th frets that often but enough that I want it there when I do. Probably also an issue of just wanting the capability to go past 22nd, regardless.

Comment

That thing screams with sustain and harmonics bro! That V is a keeper IMO bro!!!
            Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-30-2013, 07:07 PM.
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
              Yeah I do... Probably don't use the 23d and 24th frets that often but enough that I want it there when I do. Probably also an issue of just wanting the capability to go past 22nd, regardless.
              Lol same here... Not so often but I had the Steinberger I grabbed out the other night- went 24 for a big dramatic solo- ending bend and heard nothing but felt something- I was bending on the EMG 85, which is so close to the 22nd it's like a board extention. Was a weird moment.

Love your axe though. Just bend up like 5 steps and you'll be fine!

Comment

Coolness....& perfect as is....congrats!!

Comment

That's a sweet looking axe. I'd keep it just as is, flaws and all.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    That's a sweet looking axe. I'd keep it just as is, flaws and all.
                    LMAO! Went thru this on the Hamer website- lot's of folks wanted me to keep it as is. But two things you should know about me are: One- I don't buy guitars to admire their flaws. I buy them to play the fuck outta them. Which leads to number Two- Can't play them if they're not to my liking. Beat to shit bothers me- the back surface of the neck is all fucked up, so much so that it interferes with my hand movement. Finish cracks on the body don't do anything for me, either. Floyd has gotta be aces for it to be a keeper. This needs a tweaking and a rout. No offense to Neddie Stanz but that name inlay's gotta go if the V stays in my harem.

One final note- plan to get it repainted EXACTLY like it is now down to the off-white/cream color. But honestly I have toyed with the idea of changing that cream to eye-searing neon green, orange or magenta.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                      LMAO! Went thru this on the Hamer website- lot's of folks wanted me to keep it as is. But two things you should know about me are: One- I don't buy guitars to admire their flaws. I buy them to play the fuck outta them. Which leads to number Two- Can't play them if they're not to my liking. Beat to shit bothers me- the back surface of the neck is all fucked up, so much so that it interferes with my hand movement. Finish cracks on the body don't do anything for me, either. Floyd has gotta be aces for it to be a keeper. This needs a tweaking and a rout. No offense to Neddie Stanz but that name inlay's gotta go if the V stays in my harem.

One final note- plan to get it repainted EXACTLY like it is now down to the off-white/cream color. But honestly I have toyed with the idea of changing that cream to eye-searing neon green, orange or magenta.
                      +1 I would lose the personalized inlay as well.
                      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Killer guitar...dig everything about it

Comment

Working...
                        X