NGD- Hamer Vector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD- Hamer Vector

Scored this beauty a few days ago. Mid-80's custom order Vector with a kick-ass graphic paint scheme. She's beat to hell cosmetically but the important stuff is very functional and in good shape.
    Threw on a new-er, used Floyd and locking nut last night and that solved the tuning issues that were rather sizable.
    The neck is comfy and not nearly as thick as I have heard typify Vectors. Medium C with a narrower width than the Californians I have. The rosewood board is in great shape and the frets are in good shape too which really surprised me as this guitar has been WELL used and then some.
    The Dimarzio Super D bridge p'up is okay but lacks something in the low to mid range. If I keep this, a SD Custom will go in there, stat. The PAF neck sounds fine. The 2nd volume and tone are dummy pots. That would have to change. Put real pots in there and wire them bitches up to work right!
    Couple of items that work against it being a keeper though- 22 frets and the dive-only Floyd set up are a real problem. Plus the paint, being as chewed up as it is, has to be redone. Some guys dig that road worn look. Hell, there's a thread in this section devoted to that very topic. But my opinion is: unless I'm the one who put that mileage on there, it has to go. Parading around someone else's relic-ing just seems lame, IMO. But I respect that others will feel differently.
    The good news is: if it has the mojo, I can rout under the Floyd for pull ups and a new paint job is just approx. 500 dollars away. Nothing's gonna change the fact that it's 22 frets. That is the BIG stumbling block.

Dude keep it, that guitar is beyond sick!!!

Comment

Nice! That belonged to Big Neddi who's a forum member here under the name Foolius Maximus. Haven't seen him in awhile.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Looks like a Sandoval banged a Schenker. love it.

Comment

HNGD!!! That is a sweet score and the paint is tits even if it's a little worn I would keep it. Those old Hamers are kick ass and pretty hard to come by in my neck of the woods. What does the inlay on the 21st fret say?
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
              Looks like a Sandoval banged a Schenker. love it.
              That's some funny shit right there but you're right!
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bucketbrian45 View Post
                Dude keep it, that guitar is beyond sick!!!
                +1

Comment

Neddi Stanz is on the inlay at the 21st.

Just for the record, if the guitar stays, it will get a repaint of the EXACT same graphic that is currently on there. I think that design is the tits. Kinda Rhoads meets Schenker. Can't beat those two for musical and aesthetic influence!

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                    Neddi Stanz is on the inlay at the 21st.

Just for the record, if the guitar stays, it will get a repaint of the EXACT same graphic that is currently on there. I think that design is the tits. Kinda Rhoads meets Schenker. Can't beat those two for musical and aesthetic influence!
                    Yeah I LOVE the paint on that thing!! I would definitely keep it!

Comment

How does it play? Also make sure you let is know how it sounds after you get rid of the " Douchemarzio." Never been a fan of any of their pick ups. I don't know what it is but I can't stand something about them. Maybe I am just too stuck on Duncan's and EMG's.

Comment

Plays pretty nice. The clown playing is the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOiFPA0cVio

Comment

This might be Neddi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOiFPA0cVio

Comment

Both videos are the same. I really like the paint scheme on that.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like black and white guitars

Comment

Working...
                              X